Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got rid of my 3 12's for something bigger. I want to know if i could do 3 15's in my car? Everyone told me i could only do 2 cause of airspace and if not could i do like a 12 or a 10 with them. thanks

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
no no no no...Mixing speaker sizes is a very bad Idea! Messes with your SQ. Not that it sounds like that is what you are going for, but never the less I had a buddy that had 2 15's and an 18 in the back of his cammaro and it hit about 155db but sounded like sh$%...all pro installed too!! 3 15's will never be able to fit...why would you ever want more than 3 12's?

·
Registered
137 Posts
9000rpm on Feb/02/04 said:
no no no no...Mixing speaker sizes is a very bad Idea! Messes with your SQ. Not that it sounds like that is what you are going for, but never the less I had a buddy that had 2 15's and an 18 in the back of his cammaro and it hit about 155db but sounded like sh$%...all pro installed too!! 3 15's will never be able to fit...why would you ever want more than 3 12's?
lol who told you that?

as long as the system is powered and "TUNED" properly with the proper box that is chambered correctly, i see no harm in mixing sub sizes.

3 15's will fit but you won't have ANY trunk space left. you can mount the subs in a triangle. 1 up by the struts and 2 further down all facing up. tight fit but with fiberglass and a significant raise in trunk floor should fix that.

and it is not true that you lose SQ when you go up in speaker size.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Everybody is making such a big deal about making it fit.. I could make 3 15's fit easily, but you obviously won't have much of a trunk left afterwards.

I only had to raise the trunk floor up about 3" to get enough airspace for my single Kicker CompVR 15". It's all about custom enclosures...

·
Registered
448 Posts
he is right. Each size sub produces a different sound wave. when they mix, the sound wont sound as good.

EXAMPLE: 4 12's will sound the best when compaired to 3 12's and 1 10, or 2 12's and 2 10's, or 2 12's and 2 15's.

Get all the same sizes! But seriously, to run 3 15's your gona need some serious wattage, wiring, and battery capacitation

Good luck on the project, next thing on the list. Plexy glass windows. BOOOOM BOOOM!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Wow, three 15s!!! That is going to be some mad bass and hoping you can tune the lows to the highs to come out with some good sound. I'm happy with my one 10 inch Kenwood, have no idea kind it is but I've had it forever and it serves it's purpose. Honestly, I see no point in three 15s...seems like a waste of money to me. My opinion, I'd stick to one sub and two at the most. Work on your setup, your box, and do some custom work and you could get one sub bumping just as good as three. Might not be louder but it'll sound good. Thats me though.

As for fitting the three 15s I'm sure you can....I've seen a Teg with like ten plus 10/12 inch subs in it so I'm sure three 15s would be a breeze. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/QUOTE]lol who told you that?

3 15's will fit but you won't have ANY trunk space left. you can mount the subs in a triangle. 1 up by the struts and 2 further down all facing up. tight fit but with fiberglass and a significant raise in trunk floor should fix that.

and it is not true that you lose SQ when you go up in speaker size.
[/QUOTE]

well i am staying as a show car and dont care about trunk space. Well last set up i did that as u said i should do it again. Well i can do it. i get stuff very very cheap..

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
No sh*t. Dude, if you want more, you don't need 3 15's, clearly you just need better equipment and/or installation.

What kind of 12's do you have...No, what are you running - everything. Last summer, I was hitting between 145.5 and 147.6 with 2 12's.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wa using Pioneer IMPP 800 watt 12's with a 1600watt poweracustik amp and a 520watt poweracustik amp. wit ha 2.5 farit powercap. also ran 2 amp lines. a 8 gauge wire and 4 gauge wire

1 - 20 of 62 Posts