Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 97 LS. Mods done are usdm itr header, usdm itr springs/shocks suspension, and itr axleback, and k&n air filter(should be considered OEM replacement).
Do you guys think they'll still let me run on stock class?

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
not with SCCA.

All you are allowd to change (last time i checked) in a stock class was the shocks, exhauts and tires.

You would be put in STS (again, im out of touch with the rules, their classes might have changed) because of the header and suspension mods.

not to worry though, if it is your first one just go and focus on having fun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm okay thanks guys. i guess ill check with the locals. yeah you're right jack, its my first time so ill go and get a feel for what its like =D.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh okay. yeah i want to go to the next event held by scca in northern cali which is coming up this sunday. itr suspension is still soft, maybe in the future ill upgrade some more.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
That would be the best thing to do; go and check it out and see what it's all about.

If you plan to AutoX more, then do yourself a favor and don't buy anything else for the car. No more mods to it, until you can drive what you have so far. A highly modified car can often times allow you to learn bad, sloppy driving habits. If the car is as close to stock as possible, then you will really have to develop good driving techniques in order to get the best time out of it.

once you have been racing for a while, investing in your own helmet and a set of dedicated race wheels/tires (if your car is daily driven as well) would be a good idea. Tires will give you anywhere from one to two seconds improvement in your times.

After that, upgrade the suspension all you want; well at least to the limits of whatever class you will be chasing.

If you just want to spend money right away, get your own helmet, and take as many driver education courses as you can. I know there are many opportunities for DE courses in Cali - theres a lot of racers there ...

Best wishes on your AutoXing adventure!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
yeah because of the suspension you can not
I run in DSP category at this time.
unfortunatly they will be bumping me to SM because I have a CF hood...:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts