Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what would be some good cams and cam gears for my 99' ls,I was thinking crower cams and JUN cam gears or AEM?I was wondering if they are any good or not.I want cam gears with 4 bolts instead of three cuz I have heard some people have had problems with the three bolt cam gears.any help with this would be great!Thanks!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The crower cams I wanted for my ls are the stage 2 ones.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the skunk 2 cams any good compared with the Crower cams?which would be best for my ls?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
MD is going to throw a fit if he sees this....we need to know more about your car to tell you which are best. Mods? Power goals? N/A? Turbo? Supercharger? All these things will help us help you.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ya MD will have a say in this.... but another thing you Do NOT want to just put in cams (stage 2)on a stock vavle train. It's not another bolt on part, you will have to go through alot of tuning and more upgrades.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to go all motor on my ls, and in the very far future maybe go turbo,but thats far into the future.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the shops I went to on this said i dont have to change any other internals in my ls with those stage 2 cams,My goals are to make my ls quick with a large amount of hp that I can get out of my b18

·
Registered
296 Posts
Skunk2 doesn't make cams for a non-vtec engine. Crower is one of the only companies i have heard of that makes cams for non-vtec's. So if a shop told you to put skunk2 stage 2's in your ls...I'm not sure if i would trust them to know what they were doing when putting them in or for any other work to the car.Just my .02

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hate to get off topic here ... however ... does anyone here have the Crower 403s or 404s (for B18b)?
If so, can I be so bold as to ask where and how much you paid for them? Or if you don't have them, can you give me the site where you have found them for the cheapest price?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Justin3 on Aug/15/02 said:
Skunk2 doesn't make cams for a non-vtec engine. Crower is one of the only companies i have heard of that makes cams for non-vtec's. So if a shop told you to put skunk2 stage 2's in your ls...I'm not sure if i would trust them to know what they were doing when putting them in or for any other work to the car.Just my .02
thank you! he's absolutely right! non VTEC? no skunk2 for you!

for non regrind billet cams, your choice is Crower or Crane. Crower by far has more aggressive specs. The 62401 are very mild. Most opt for the 62403 (stage 2).

If you want reground stock cams, Web Camshafts and JG Engine Dynamics make cams for the B18A/B.

I recommend that if you get Crower cams, get Crower cam gears (4 ARP bolt, billet).

cheers

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks I wasn't sure if skunk2 did or not. The guy at the shop didn't say anything about skunk2 cams he only suggested crower cams,and jun cam gears,I want the stage 2 crower cams cuz u dont have to change springs or valves and retainers and im still in high school so I dont have enough money to do alot!Thanx for the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts