Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sold my last GSR in 2008. I lately had started thinking about how much fun they were and started looking for another one. Just picked it up on Sunday. It was boosted, has short ram intake, power steering delete and has more than a few aftermarket parts, so I will be looking for a lot of stock parts, as my plan is to do a fully stock restoration.

My current DD is a '23 GR86, but I am glad to have a Teg again.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
632 Posts
I’m debating how much I want to do with my 01 gs-r I just bought a few months back. I also haven’t had an integra in about the same amount of time as you. Mine has 58k miles, and is mostly stock, just needs a few things to get back to stock, but has also been sitting for a LONG time before I bought it. Needs things like new bearings in the transmission, and rust repair on the lip of the hood, and the driver door has been bumped in pretty hard right at the molding area. Glad it has all original vin tags in place, but disappointed that the original leather seats have dried out quite badly and it doesn’t seem like leather restore products at the store are making much difference. Hope you enjoy your car.
Snow Car Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m debating how much I want to do with my 01 gs-r I just bought a few months back. I also haven’t had an integra in about the same amount of time as you. Mine has 58k miles, and is mostly stock, just needs a few things to get back to stock, but has also been sitting for a LONG time before I bought it. Needs things like new bearings in the transmission, and rust repair on the lip of the hood, and the driver door has been bumped in pretty hard right at the molding area. Glad it has all original vin tags in place, but disappointed that the original leather seats have dried out quite badly and it doesn’t seem like leather restore products at the store are making much difference. Hope you enjoy your car.
Wow, that car is clean. I would try some neatsfoot oil. Take the seats out, bring them in the house, rub the leather liberally with the neatsfoot oil then put a garbage bag over them and place the seats in the warmest place possible. Reapply neatsfoot oil when you see that it has been absorbed.

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Praise God, I found a 1994 LS manual parts car, for free! I'm also working on a package deal for a complete AC, PS, cruise control, and cooling system. The LS is no help with the GSR items and this one is also missing the non-GSR items listed above. Regardless, I am glad to have it!

(I made my buddies who helped me get it take a picture with it)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts