Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my car on Neuspeed sport springs and Tokico Adj. last week, and got an alignment today. Here are my camber numbers:
LF: -1.2
RF: -1.4
RR: -0.3
LR: -0.5
The rear is within spec, the right front is on the very edge of spec, and the left front is barely out. -1.2-0.8 is 'within spec' for the front. They said I should probably get a camber kit for the front. Total with labor was $260. Being this little out of spec, should I see much different tire wear if I rotate normally? I also hear a small amount of negative camber is good. What are your thoughts, should I get a camber kit, or leave it be? Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Your camber situation is very similar to mine, Im just going to stay with it and rotate frequently. I havent noticed any accelerated or unnatural wear yet.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i'm putting a camber kit on because i notice the car to fall into the ruts in the road a lot easier with out-of-spec camber. my skunk2's are being installed at the shop as we speak!

...really irritating too, b/c this'll be the first thing i haven't installed myself, but seriously, for the life of me, i could not get out that upper control arm bolt that goes through the knuckle

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
My Skunk2 camber will be install on Thursday My alighnment is thrown off I had it droped 1.7" front and rear its been almost 5 month now (back order on camber kit).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would highly suggest you get one. My setup is very similar to yours, I have Nuespeed springs over the Tokico blues. You said you just got it lowered about a week ago right? Well, from my experience, and that of many others I'm sure, after a few months or so the springs are going to soften up a bit as they get broken in and the car is going to go even lower, like mine did. So i got a camber kit and it helped out immensely. I bought the Sprint kit for the front and back. Huge difference.

Hope it helps ya bit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
w/ sport springs you dont need it. if your tires are more than 195, then you really wont need it... i have a very low drop so i have them on my car... but when i had the sport springs on it was fine w/ out a camber kit... if you do get it... install it yourself... if your handy... its very easy... i paid 145 total for front and rear kit... and the rear wasnt just the bushings... but the real adjustable ones... pm if you have ne quesionts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 91 integra with Tenzo 2" drop springs with 205/40/17 tires and i didn't need a camber kit. I haven't noticed any unusual wear. You should just keep an eye on it and then get it if you need it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
...really irritating too said:
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/smileys/smiley6.gif[/img] ]
I had my coilovers put on and the shop could not get that off either. They forced the bolt through and broke it. They had to order another one. Also, I wanted to get a camber kit because my Teg keeps pulling on uneven roads. I'm gonna lower my back end, get the cambers and re-align. Hope this solves my problem

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats one thing I noticed, everyone says their car pulls to the right with bigger wheels. I do not notice that at all, I can go a few blocks without touching my wheel. I guess I will just keep an eye on it for now. By the time I start noticing any uneven wear, if any, I will have the money for a kit anyway. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
installing the bushing replacement camber kits are easy, b/c you don't have to remove the whole upper control arm. downside is those kind tend to have limited adjustment. the higher-dollar kind that replace the whole upper control arm and have a sliding ball joint have a much greater range of adjustment, but are a hassle to get the old one out of the knuckle

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Think about it like this... $260 installed for the camber kit will pretty much buy you a new set of Kumho 712 205/50's.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
BTW, I'm curious why the left and right would be different? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Also, how much did you pay for your alignment, and what's a good price. Do most places give you camber numbers?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i just paid 59.99 at my local honda place, and they're probably the only shop around that i trust. i paid an hour a side for labor on the camber kits (got the car back today!).... 209 for the whole thing, including rebalancing my funky-worn tires lol
and btw, my skunk2's are great. a little squeaky, it's the arm hitting the plastic fenderwell, no big deal, and i can only hear it at low speeds, but as for handling... nothing's better than perpendicular (or close to) tires! and my car doesn't seem to fall in the ruts in the road nearly as much.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I heard that too Louse, no one has confirmed it though. Yea, I thought it to be weird that I had different numbers front and back as well...weird.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yeah, a little negative camber can help cornering, but the crazy camber you get from lowering too much will mess it up, b/c less tire ends up with contact.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is being slightly out of spec by about .2 degrees the amount of camber we are talking about being good, or is that even too much? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts