Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna be buying a pair of new Cam Sprockets soon and dont know if i should go with the AEM Tru Time Adjustable Cam Sprockets($99/piece) or the slightly more expensive Skunk2 Racing Adjustable Cam Gears ($229/pair)? Thx for any help.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
are u using this with stock or upgraded cams? with stock ones u probably don't need them. but with upgraded then you'd need them to tune. well the aem uses 3 bolts, and i have read they can slip compared to the skunk's 6-bolt design. i have not had any personal experience with neither before, though. i personally would get the skunk2 just to be safe. but up to you. hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the AEM sprockets, and have not had any problems, race or regular driving, but I have heard the same rumor about slipping...if this has happened to anyone they should post it here. Basically if the bolts are torqued correctly (I have no way of measuring this, I go by feel) there won't be a problem with either. If cash is an issue go for AEM, if you don't trust 3 bolts, go for Skunk2

·
Registered
162 Posts
i think the AEM are bad.. not first person experience, but two people i know had problems with them, back in 98-99. i say get the skunks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i will be installing spoon cam shafts as well. I have ordered the skunk 2's and thx for all the help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i got new ones this weekend they are jg edelbrock, 5 bolt for 190 from summit real nice very pleased with them, nicer then the cusco's i had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts