Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to team integra, I've had my 95 gsr for about 6 months now mostly did maintenance to it changed all the brakes and rotors, new oil and filter, fuel filter, all fluids, alignment, tires, replaced and painted a door that was damaged, and a few other things the only "performance mods" i have currently are coil-overs, short throw shifter and different muffler. I want to reach at least 200-230ish hp not planning on much more as its my daily and i want to keep the reliability of an all motor ( not boosting). mods I plan on doing (not all at once of course) : cold air intake, headers, exhaust, intake manifold, maybe bigger throttle body, port and polish the head, a good tune, and stage 2 cams. ive tried looking into cams and threads about cams but i heard i need " springs and retainers" but i don't know what that is and what kind i would need. if you guys could please point me in the right direction on the cams and any other ways i could reach my goal i would really appreciate it. sorry about how long this is.
Thank you, God bless

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
You're going to need a lot more to reach that goal without boosting.

A simple setup to get you there:

B20 block
84mm Pistons
ITR Head
ITR Cams
ITR Intake Manifold
ITR Valvetrain
3" Exhaust
Decent Header
Tuning Solution

Similar setups net 200-205whp. You might be able to stretch to 215whp or so on E85, but would require some fuel upgrades as well.

Absolutely no need to go wild on the cams. Factory OEM ITR cams will get you there. They idle great, and they're OEM quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're going to need a lot more to reach that goal without boosting.

A simple setup to get you there:

B20 block
84mm Pistons
ITR Head
ITR Cams
ITR Intake Manifold
ITR Valvetrain
3" Exhaust
Decent Header
Tuning Solution

Similar setups net 200-205whp. You might be able to stretch to 215whp or so on E85, but would require some fuel upgrades as well.

Absolutely no need to go wild on the cams. Factory OEM ITR cams will get you there. They idle great, and they're OEM quality.
Thank you for the reply, if i was to do the set up you have laid out do you know how much it would run me? i work 2 minimum wage part time jobs so a budget build or taking it part by part and building it over a while. also what would you recommend doing first? Thanks again!!

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
Your power goals definitely require $$$. It's really hard to say what the total cost will be. Quality parts come at quality prices. Additionally, you'll have a good amount of money wrapped up in a quality person who is experienced with Hondas, and will build the engine correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts