Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading this article about the Toda Spec C's VS JUN Type 3 VS Type-R from Honda, and i was wondering what your personally thoughts and everyone else's where on these camshafts in a b20/vtec or a b18/vtec setup with:
gsr head
ITR pistons
ITR intake manifold
ITR throttle body
gsr tranny
and everything else needed for the "Frankenstein" setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you are saying that if i wanted to run the jun or toda cams i would have to change the pistons to increase the compression, which ultimatly will give me high end hp. which is better high end hp and torque or midrange hp and torque??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which would be more reliable for street racing:
High end hp and torque or
Midrange hp and torque???

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Neither, once you hit and kill someone your car gets impounded so you won't have to be concerned with reliability.

The best cams for street racing you may want to look in here.

·
Registered
934 Posts
You shouldnt be interested in the street racing aspect, if you are, you will get arrested. No doubt. As for the cams, the Integra engine is made for high revs and high end power. I suggest going with a higher compression. If you are getting cams I highly suggest getting the cam springs and a new ECU. These 3 parts combined make a killer setup, as they work closely together...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
upgraded springs + higher compression + a new ecu = powerful combination ????
man it's like reading the upgrades section of a freakin video game!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not looking at the street racing aspect, i just want something to shut the rev happy boys and girls, who pull up next to you rev and then try to pull away!! i really dont like street race, i have had too many close calls doing stupid things like that.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
feeling henpecked for raising the street racing taboo huh? LOL

look, I'm not going to lecture you about street racing (for once, LOL), since you are an adult and adults take the consequences of the actions into account before they act.

I can tell you that your life experience is limited on the topic...mine is a little more, since I used to work in a trauma intensive care unit, where all the car accident victims end up.

You don't need to find out how bad this is by seeing a friend die or ruining another family's life..trust me on this. If you ever get the chance, ask if you can get a tour through your local hospital's trauma ward...that will give you the proper perspective I think.

To go fast in these integras which have low rod ratios, you need to pump up the powerband from 5500 rpm and up. That's where they need help. All the people that go on and on about midrange never raced on a track and won in a finals or on a road circuit...it's all in how fast your power climbs from 5500 rpm and up and how much you make in that area...

Now for driving around town, that's another story...then midrange comes into play, since you never get up to that upper powerband regularly.

if you are talking about coming off the line and running for 1/16th of a mile and not reaching the 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile mark, then obviously a beefier midrange is going to help.

If you tune for a midrange gain (at the sacrifice of the top end), you'll get stomped the longer the distance goes. At the track, I usually run down people in the last 1/2 of the 1/4 mile and really destroy them there...not off the line.

but for your sake as an adult, rev back at the kids at the light and laugh at them when they launch and you drive off normally...that always gives me a laugh...especially when there's a cop in plain view. (what an asshole I am eh?).

OT: Which reminds me of a story:

I saw a friend get out of his WRX at the light when a bunch of kids in a Civic revved there engines on him. He walked over (he's like 200 lb. 6 ft 5 in.) to them and said if you want to race, get out of your car and I'll race you now on foot (he used to be the 100 yd sprint champ for our province)...I just started cracking up in his car...the kids sheepishly didn't say anything and drove off slowly....(yes the WRX would have blown the doors off that civic but we all knew that ahead of time and had nothing to prove to anyone). I guess it's all in how comfortable you are with yourself and how much you attach your own ego to the car's performance...it's called maturity...LOL

·
Registered
436 Posts
lol I would have raced them. But on a more serious note a guy I knew was street racing drunk and ripped his eclispe gsx in half doing about 110. The police told his family he was dead before his car came to a rest. I don't go to street races anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts