Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys,
My friend just got a pair of cams and he doesnt know what kind they are. He was told they were skunk 2 cams,but he wants to know exactly what kind/series they are. Is there any way to identify the cam? And see if it is infact skunk 2 vs another brand or stock? There has to be some way besides mic-ing them.

Also,i was looking at them,and on both the intake and exhaust cam,the non-vtec lobes (i think primary lobes,someone correct me if im wrong) one valve opens up further then the other. Dont know if this helps with identifying them,or if its normal on all vtec cams.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill try to take pics,but like in the middle of the cam,one one cam it looks like a little x or something,and on the other cam theres the number 2.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sounds like it's time to get out the old outside micrometer and start measuring actual lift on the lobes...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see im trying to avoid that,since i dont have a mic handy,lol.

im sure theres some way to determine what kind of cams they are. i mean if not,how would skunk 2,or any company for that matter,tell which series is which if they were to get mixed up or something.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
jdmlsvteg18 on Sep/23/07 said:
see im trying to avoid that,since i dont have a mic handy,lol.

im sure theres some way to determine what kind of cams they are. i mean if not,how would skunk 2,or any company for that matter,tell which series is which if they were to get mixed up or something.
Why guess?

You can get away with using a $10 Vernier caliper instead of a micrometer to measure the VTEC lobes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
all non oem cams have a part number on the end like if you had the cams in the car and pulled off the distributer you would see it on that side. at least on cams ive delt with then you can run the numbers on line good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.