Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the water pump / timing belt last week and noticed that my cam gears were off almost perfectly 90° (if exhaust cam is at 12:00 intake is at 3:00) I reset to TDC and adjusted ignition timing to match. Motor runs “different” now (obviously) I’m assuming someone did this intentionally at some point. Is there anything else they may have done (associated with a timing change like that) that I will need to readjust? And I’ve heard that my ecu will take time to “relearn” the motor; is that true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My assumption is that this was done with in intention of achieving more “low end/high end” gains (at the sacrifice of other performance) I don’t know enough about this sort of tuning to speak intelligently on it though; she seems to run much better now I’ve returned everything to stock. I’m a little embarrassed I’ve had the car this long and never knew....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Zhou Xe
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing