Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all... i just did a search on how to install an intake with out taking off the front bumper and i cant find it. I got a AEM CAI from a friend who had to take off his bumper but i dont want to do it that way. is there any way u guys know how to install it by taking off the fender?? please HELP

·
Registered
514 Posts
no need to take off front bumper at all. just raise the car and take out the stock box thing out from under. it's REALLY EASY. just do everything on the instructions except forget the bumper part

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Edited by jojo at 02/17/2004 11:12:35 PM
You realy can't. You have to remove the stock box. Isn't that box bolted in and to get to the bolts I believe you need to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
235 Posts
doglovindork on Feb/17/04 said:
no need to take off front bumper at all. just raise the car and take out the stock box thing out from under. it's REALLY EASY. just do everything on the instructions except forget the bumper part
I did mine just like that, and I've even checked my filter just like that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
nope, i get a little scratched up going for it, just bend the splash guard and wheel guard flap things back by taking a few screws out. you'l lhave enough room to get up in there with your ratchet...it's a squeeze! but if definitely works.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, you gotta take off the wheel. It's a hell of a lot easier than taking off the bumper.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lift front passenger side of car, remove wheel, remove all screws/ retainers from fender well and bottom of bumper.... install. and reverse.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Theres an article on front bumper removal. If you run into any problems feel free to ask. Believe me it's really easy. Just remove all the bolts and it should come right off.

If youre worried about damaging anything please don't...nothing will go wrong. Good luck!! And avoid puddles!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
if your going to be doing this kind of stuff, you should definately pick up a half decent jack... you won't have to spend too much at all.

I did mine the other day without taking the bumper off... one bolt was sort of difficult to get at, took about 90 seconds to get off instead of 15 but no big deal

·
Registered
662 Posts
haha theres def no need to take off the bumper i did my cai in like 30 mins and that was taking everything that the stock intake contained off its not hard just remove all the plastic in the wheel well or even better push it aside and get at it its not hard no need to take off the entire bumper i dont even know why you would unless your putting an intercooler on your car or chaging your headlight houseing why you would take your front bumper off (well a putting a kit on to haha)

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
In Reply To Version 4 User:
haha theres def no need to take off the bumper i did my cai in like 30 mins and that was taking everything that the stock intake contained off its not hard just remove all the plastic in the wheel well or even better push it aside and get at it its not hard no need to take off the entire bumper i dont even know why you would unless your putting an intercooler on your car or chaging your headlight houseing why you would take your front bumper off (well a putting a kit on to haha) Agreed. No need to take off the front bumper. It's much easier to jack it up, take off the wheel, and remove the splash guards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.