Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Type-S and was looking at CAI. Which is better AEM or Injen? And what are the average/cheapest price for either one?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
You might want to check the message forums at another <cough>club<cough> RSX site. They have a lot of good discussion if you can sort through all of the crap.

Also consider the Hondata insulated intake manifold gasket. You CAI won't be as effective if the air heats up as it passes through the hot intake manifold.

I haven't modified my Type-S yet and probably won't for a while. However, the Hondata ECU flash looks very good in terms of performance bang for the buck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Injen CAI with the heat shield works well. After some research I decided to try it and it seams to perform great. Do no expect the 20 hp increase though. but it does make a difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm sitting here reading the oct/nov. issue of honda tuning and they dynoed the dc sports cai, aem cai, k&n drop in filter, k&n typhoon intake, the dc sports short ram, the aem short ram, the jackson racing short ram, and the injen short ram.

and the winner was...the aem cai, which gained a huge 20.7hp and a nice 5.3lb-ft of torque. oh yeah, and there's no aem hump...the torque curve is just plain higher throughout the whole rpm range....

just thought you'd like to know...

(injen only gained 9.2hp/2.9lb-ft)

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
aladdin213 on Nov/14/02 said:
i'm sitting here reading the oct/nov. issue of honda tuning and they dynoed the dc sports cai, aem cai, k&n drop in filter, k&n typhoon intake, the dc sports short ram, the aem short ram, the jackson racing short ram, and the injen short ram.

and the winner was...the aem cai, which gained a huge 20.7hp and a nice 5.3lb-ft of torque. oh yeah, and there's no aem hump...the torque curve is just plain higher throughout the whole rpm range....

just thought you'd like to know...

(injen only gained 9.2hp/2.9lb-ft)
Oh my, this lost member is reading magazines for performance information!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think you should wait until injen releases their CAI. I dont know the numbers yet but they will probably be up there with AEM. Also, they supposedly designed it where you dont have to cut the fender liner like with AEM.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the Injen is NOT a cai. I think the DC cai is best because it gives you a new windshield washer bottle, instead of the relocation kit w/ AEM. The DC and AEM where very close, think DC was -1hp and +1tq to AEM. Basically the same, DC is just easier to install.

The dynos were probably the most reliable published so far. They kept engine temps same, air temps same, and fuel trim same.

There WAS a good size AEM/DC hump,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts