Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forum and I really need some advice...

I bought my 94 LS 4 door automatic about 2 months ago and I gotta be honest, I love this car, but I NEED more power. I live in California and this is my daily driver. Does anyone have recommendations on how to add power without putting me at risk of failing a smog check?

I was thinking a performance chip and a short ram intake would be a good start, but I might need a chip that won't leave a footprint just in case I have to take it out when I go to smog it.
Any advice you guys can give me would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I second that. Swapping a manual trans will unlock power that is already there. The auto trans holds it back.

Swapping a manual trans isnt that bad. You keep your old axles. Get the rear manual trans mount. Get the manual brake & clutch pedal from any 94-01 integra or 92-00 civic or del sol. And the clutch hydraulics & lines. And a shift linkage.

After all that, you just pull 1 resistor out of the ecu. And you are good to go. Smog legal & more power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Think the Vtec motors had larger throttle bodies. There 60mm and think yours is 58mm. Could swap to a Vtec throttle body and factory type R intake air box. There 3" instead of 2.75". Think they fit all cars but the GS-R. Then do a header and cat back system. If I'm wrong some one correct me on this. Double and triple check me. Use factory upgrades to hide your mods. Compression also helps. Could try a thin head gasket. Your going to try hard for an extra 10 to 15 hp though if your lucky. Might as well just hide a nitrous kit.

·
Administrator
4,416 Posts
Think the Vtec motors had larger throttle bodies. There 60mm and think yours is 58mm. Could swap to a Vtec throttle body and factory type R intake air box. There 3" instead of 2.75". Think they fit all cars but the GS-R. Then do a header and cat back system. If I'm wrong some one correct me on this. Double and triple check me. Use factory upgrades to hide your mods. Compression also helps. Could try a thin head gasket. Your going to try hard for an extra 10 to 15 hp though if your lucky. Might as well just hide a nitrous kit.
Not without swapping to a manual trans. The auto-trans simply cannot take the power & RPM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't see bolt-on's breaking an auto. And what extra RPM? The power band should stay close to factory. Intake and cams staying. The computer is also keeping the stock rev limiter. I don't think any thing I mentioned would break an auto unless there that fragile. Never owned an auto before though.

·
Administrator
4,416 Posts
I don't see bolt-on's breaking an auto. And what extra RPM? The power band should stay close to factory. Intake and cams staying. The computer is also keeping the stock rev limiter. I don't think any thing I mentioned would break an auto unless there that fragile. Never owned an auto before though.
I completely mis-read your original post....my bad.

I read "VTEC" in your post, and for some reason thought that you were recommending an LS/VTEC setup (VTEC head) and didn't read the "throttle body" portion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts