Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys
this morning i woke up and went to start my car up and as soon as i did there was this annoying buzzing sound coming from the glove box area. it wasnt like that last night,and my teg is garage kept. i think its thatlittle fan behind the glovebox making the noise,but i dont know whats causing it. i have suspicions that something might of fell into it and is rubbing on the fan,but do you guys know what could be wrong.....

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
i'd check what you think it is first.... that'd be the first suggestion

without knowing the exact noise or exactly where it comes from, its impossible to suggest anything else

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I had a buzzing coming from the same area. The buzzing would increase/decrease with the fan speed. This happend after a windy day with lots of leaves and stuff blowing around. I never took mine apart, but the buzzing has gone away after a few weeks (yeah, i lived with it that long). Maybe its the same with yours. Try taking your blower apart and check it out.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Something similar happenned to mine but it only happenned when the heater was on. Most of the time my stereo is too loud for me to hear it anyways, but after a few months I noticed that it had gone away.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I noticed that most of you guys that posted having the same problem had 94-97, and I was told that that is was it was. My girl's 96 does the same thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agree with CJ... My ABS sounds like that when I first start the car. Sometimes, it will buzz once or twice 'til it gets to the right setting.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Well by reading this I think i just figured out what mine is doing, it also makes that buzzing sound every single time i start the car, its a 95 GSR. hopefully this is a good thing, for awhile there i thought something might be messed up

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Yea, I did too when I heard it on my girls car, but then I was at a meet this sunday, and one of the d00ds there told me it was just the ABS and for a 94-97 it is normal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is. 94-97 integras have an accululator in the ABS unit (the silver cylinder) which is like a capcitor for the ABS motor.

The 98+ integras have a more modern unit with a better motor and valve unit that lets it get by without an accumulator.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have a 99 integra.....read the info,i dont think its the ABS,i think its the fan,i took out the ac/heat relay fuse and it stopped,so def. something with the fan,but thanks guys

·
Registered
224 Posts
yea thats your blower motor it could be going bad. or have something stuck in it. (its what blows the air out of the vents)

·
Registered
328 Posts
i've heard the same sound just at start up but i think this is a normal thing with the integra after the car has been sitting and becomes cold the sound doesn't stay and is gone in like less then a second maybe the fan kicking in but really doesn't seem to be a big deal

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got a 2000 GS-R and had the exact same noise. It was very elusive and seemed to jump where it was coming from whenever I stuck my head down there to find it... it ended up just going away, but it was kinda scary (as it started after I only had the car for a week)... but all seems well now!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the same problem for a while. I checked under the glovebox and found the blower motor to be there. I took it apart and discovered that there was a load of leaves stuck in it and was very dirty. I took out all the leaves and cleaned it and haven't heard the noise since !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts