Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i've decided to buy this turbo kit, but wanted to check back with you guys first. I don't know much bout the wastegate, blow off valve, etc. so if they blow plz let me know. Seemed like an unbeatable price. Thx

EDIT- Heres the link Turbo

·
Registered
110 Posts
What makes you think you will be the only one bidding on the auction? You will be lucky to get it at that starting price of $1900.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well, I've never heard of the "Evolution" Wastegate Assembly or the "Raptor" By Pass / Blow Off Valve Assembly. That's not to say that they are bad products, just saying that I've no experience with them.

one perk with that kit is that he's including a case of motor oil with that. And, from what you can make out on the picture, it appears to come with a log style manifold with ok wastegate location.But don't expect boost until 3.5k-4k rpm with that turbo! That's a big boy. Although he doesn't list any A/R or trim specs for it.

Overall, with what is given, seems like an ok deal.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx guys i really appreciate the help. I'm fine waiting for the turbo lag... i used to drive a saab 900 turbo and the lag was ridiculous on that thing. I can't imagine a cheaper blow off valve suckign cuz all it erally does is let out air and moisture. Anyways more opinions would still help. Thx

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That kit that you see on e-bay is basically a Turbonetics/F-Max Turbo kit. It's not bad, but there are better ones out there. If you can get it for $1900 ggod for you, but I've seen so many with I/C pipe #2 to the IM have a crazy bend that gets scratched from the ground (If the car is lowered) over time.

I've been able to create better, but go for it if you must.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts