Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yea Im looking at a 00 repoed integra. Im kinna scared of it because the drivers side kick panel is off and there is a huge bundle of wires that normally sits behind it, looked like they had all been spliced. Also the guy who had it took out the speedo cluster? Any idea why he would do that? I think there is an alarm unit dangling from the speedo hole as well. My concern is not knowing what he all did to it and not knowing much about acura/hondas. Last thing Id wanna run into is a wiring problem. Any ideas on on why the wires looked spliced or why he took the cluster would really be helpful.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
unless your getting a steal on that car i'd stay away. The wiring issue could be nothing at all, or it could be a ton of headaches for you. Also, if the previous owner couldn't make enough money to keep paying on the car, do you think they had the money to maintain it?? I'd be very very cautious...
Ryan

·
Registered
904 Posts
Bro, buying a repo, is like buying a forclosed home. Stay the F*** away.

When people get their property taken away whether it be a home, a car, etc. they have the tendency to get a certain mentality. That mentality is, "If I can't have it, no one else can!!!" With this in mind people do crazy things so that if their property is taken away it is worthless to the new owner! For example, they will poor concrete down the drain pipes in homes and other crazy things.

I am sure they get just as crazy if their car is going bye bye, and is possible the reason the car is in the condition you found it with the repo man. If I were you, I would take my money elsewhere. There are deals all over the place, just be patient and they will pop up... sorry for all the rambling...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
MILKILOS on Jan/29/06 said:

When people get their property taken away whether it be a home, a car, etc. they have the tendency to get a certain mentality. That mentality is, "If I can't have it, no one else can!!!" With this in mind people do crazy things so that if their property is taken away it is worthless to the new owner! For example, they will poor concrete down the drain pipes in homes and other crazy things.

I am sure they get just as crazy if their car is going bye bye, and is possible the reason the car is in the condition you found it with the repo man. If I were you, I would take my money elsewhere. There are deals all over the place, just be patient and they will pop up... sorry for all the rambling...
you can listen to this guy if you like...bottom line is if the car is a good enough deal the price of the wiring harness on ebay or junk yard is around 150 ish. replace harness do minor repairs as needed. replacing engine harness is super easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I hear ya. I think I can pick it up for like around 4g though. Ill Id really need to do that I know of right now is throw in a speedo, shift knob, air intake, cd player and rear seats. For a car that books out for 12g I think thats a pretty huge deal. I will of course make sure it starts before purchase. Maybe you guys still think screw it but for that kinda of savings im down as long as it runs.

What Im really looking for here is stuff like dont people try and get gsr gauges cause of higher red lines or something? And is there like some kind of mod that would need to be spliced in the wires behind the kick panel? Im thinking it might just be the alarm, but from what I remember seemed like there were alot of them spliced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea thats what I was thinking. The funiest thing is that the guy selling it doesnt even know its a gsr.

I think it was the wire clump that runs from the dash down thru the kicker panel area then back along the rocker panel towards the rear. I guess it could have been stock but it had electrical tape used to cover splices and didnt look stock.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I know it sounds like a deal that's too good to be true, so maybe it is. You just have to look at it like this...you buy that car for 4 g's and may end up having to put who knows how much money into it down the road....or drop a little more on a diff. teg initially but you'll know it'll be reliable, you know where it's been and that it was taken care of, and you know you won't be having to drop a bunch of money into it right away.

It's on you, that's just something to think about. When it comes to cars I just always like to know exactly what I'm getting.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
whats the mileage on the car??? is there any more damage done to it???? well lets just say if its a gsr i think thatd what u said and its below 70k miles jump on it ....... u cant find a gsr 00' for less than 7g's and 7 g's are very hard to find for a 98+ model........

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
you dont know the miles, the deal with the wires, and the guy selling it has no idea what kinda engine is in there. Someone like that probably wouldn't care enough to maintain the car with the right knowledge. I would stay away from it, if its 4k, it's 4k for a reason.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well your right, I dont know exactly what the miles are. I do know that it was transferred last april with 50k on it. Im guessing its prolly around 60k now. The guys selling it deals with repos, repairables and cars that have been stolen. He prolly just doesnt know **** about integras and doesnt realize there is a difference between gs and gs-r.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also kinna look at it this way. If I can get into a car that Im gonna mod for cheap like this it makes sense. I have more cash to invest in upgrades, while not being knee deep into a car I will never see my cash back out of. What do most of these people do on these build shows these days? By a brand new car and pimp it? Naw they go to the junk yard or buy one beat down cheap.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I buy repos and acution cars that have been stolen and stripped. There is allways some work to be done. I bought one that just needed a motor. Everything else looked clean. Dropped the motor in got the car started and no headlights, brake lights, turn signals, no biggie took anthor 2 and half hours to figure the last ahole cut up a bunch of wires. Its not a biggie If you have the time and knowldege and the right resources to talkel a job like this. If not it could be a real big headache. Just make sure you have the mechanical skills to do this or you could end up with a project that cost close to buying one thats allready ready to run. Is this a salvage title or clean? If you don't buy it could you passs the deal on? lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its clean title. haha Yea for sure if I dont buy it Ill hook you up. Im really guessing it wont need much and will be a smoking deal. I do have good mechanical skills and have done lots of tuning before. Never on honda/acura though. Its just that wiring is one of my least favorite things to mess with. It'll kinna be nice to have a honda product though, and finally have like every aftermarket mod option there is!

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
MILKILOS on Jan/29/06 said:

you know after reading this your right it makes sense,about the foreclosing on house's that is.but on the car maybe the guy or gal had plan's but owed too much money so they took it.but to me your logic makes more sense.if the guy wants to buy the car i just hope he has time to repair the car back to driving capabilities.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Or it could of been that the guy lost his job and maintained the car and knew it was going to be repoed and took what ever he could out the car to sell and make alittle cash. Hell if it was me I would of swapped the heas for a ls, lol. I seen a teg at a cheap dealership. It was real clean gsr. The car was a 97 with 80k for 5g's. I stopped to look. man it was clean in and out. popped the hood had to laugh. gsr block ls head. no $hit. The dealer didn't even know. had to laugh my but off when I told the guy he been had.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.