Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im planning on buying a 94 ls 2 door, with 5 spd. but the car has 200,000 miles on it, my question is if the previous owner says he has all the maint. records for it, what should i worry about replacing right away if something seems fishy? i dont really feel like grenading my motor on the way home.
any help is appreciated

·
Registered
720 Posts
If everything was well taken care of throughout the life of those 200,000+ miles you should be okay. But lets be honest it's still a car w/ a ton of miles, so I would take it easy on it at first to see if everything seems alright or better yet take it to a shop to have it looked over. It may seem a little much but if you break down on the way home over something that could've been easily prevented you will be kicking yourself! And by the way that is coming from someone that learned, first hand!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know 200+ is a lot, and im hoping to get parts off other tegs, with less mileage. id be driving er riding from green bay to st. paul, so im hoping everything works out. id be replacing the motor and trans in it soon when i pick it up!
thanks again though

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just pick up a 94 with 180K two weeks ago. I had to do the normal tune up(wires, plugs, cap, oil, etc.). I also had to buy axles, cat, brakes, starter, battery, alternator, and maybe a little more other stuff. I dont know if your going to have to go through the same stuff as I did but that what I had to get. The clutch was change not to long ago either, so that was a plus. But over all my motor is strong as every. Good luck

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I picked up an '87 LS in great shape (except for Honda cancer) and a rough idle. Mechanically, that rough idle is honestly all we have found wrong with the car and I've tuned it up, which is something any car with miles on it can benefit from, for relatively cheap. I got dizzy cap and rotor, NGK platinum plugs, plug wires, oil and filter, and will be doing my fuel filter, brakes and other consumables in class. In Hondas, it's more so the consumable items that you will spend money on, as opposed to breakdowns. Proper maintenance is key. My 172k mile 1987 runs like a top and is a reliable ride every time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i have a 97ls with 190,000 on it.. runs like a dream, not one problem with it, had one ower before he kept it garaged and all the time and had all records done by the Acura Dealer here in town, bottom like if it was taken care of like mine was it should run great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.