Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry guys, but I need a little quick breifing. I've never bought anything from another person via the internet and living in another far away state before. I tried a few searches but its hard to search for something you don't know how to describe, especially since the topic search only works.

If I buy something, what are some security measures to avoid getting ripped off? How do you pay? I don't have paypal, and I refuse to use it. What if you pay and they never send it?

Seems like a dangerous game, but if anyone can please explain a little I would be most grateful! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well, there are always escrow services. An ultra-simplified expalnation is that they hold your money until you receive the product, and when you say you have, then they send the money to the seller. It isn't used for every purchase, but it's a good idea for some items.

Paypal is very specific when it comes to how you are covered. Here's a link to PayPal's Buyer Protection Program. Anyway, it doesn't apply to you buying outside of ebay. PayPal also has a Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers section. Maybe that helps a little.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
you can pay by money order or check. if you send money and they dont send it and it's a private seller..then you're pretty much screwed. that's why we have buyer/seller ratings on here.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
just take the risk..it's really not that bad..there aren't that many people trying to scam on team-integra.net and if it is a scam it's pretty obvious..sort of like this type-r that was on ebay about a week ago..anyhow..like i said we have buyer/seller ratings above our avatars next to where it says profile..as far as ebay goes..they've got feed back too...

my strategy..if it ain't damn near 100% positive feedback...i'm not buying it..that and if they've got more that ...30, 40, 50+feedback.

·
Registered
399 Posts
most ppl are decent enough to atleast send your product, whether it's how they described it or not. but there isn't really any security over the internet.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Mar/18/04 said:
I wouldn't put much stock in PayPal's 'Buyer Protection'....too many horror stories about how slow they are and how they're impossible to contact via phone.
yes. I had to go over Paypal's head and deny payment through my credit card company. Do they even have a phone number? WHen I had my troubles they didn't. If you use paypal use your credit card.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XEvolutionz on Mar/18/04 said:
I don't have paypal, and I refuse to use it.
No need to comment on paypal.

But thanks alot guys for all of your comments. They are all greatly appreciated. If you have something to add, don't hesitate.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeap I havent had any problems yet about buying and selling over the internet =D. Just make sure to buy from an honest person like me =O).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts