Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i got a question here that i'm not sure. I'm going to buy an integra in a few months or so, and i was wondering if i buy it from a "private seller", can i still finance it/monthly payments like buying a new car?

Also will it be any better to buy it directly from the acura dealer?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You can as long as you can find a bank to approve you for a car loan. Its good to get pre-approved first so if you find a car, you will have the financing set up, rather than being turned down for a loan after finding the car. It also allows you to work within a budget. ( If you're pre-approved for a 12,000 loan you wont go over that, and you will more likely to find a car much less than that.)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
well I personaly got if from the delear so that i can get the warrenty and whatever wtih it, but i still had some porblems. and you can actually take your car to acura and buy this warrnty, i just think its better from the delear becasue they dont wanna get sued so they try to make sure the car wont break down too soon.

as for buying form privfate seller and financing it, u really cant do taht directly unless the guy agrees to payment type system, but u can always take out an equity loan and finance it in that way.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
dealerships are going to cost you more though as well- that warranty isn't free. Banks will finance in various ways. For my car I had the bank finance me but only after I picked a very specific car with VIN number and everything. Banks usually won't give you a loan for a car over 8 years old using the car as collateral so you'd have to offer something else.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Most used car dealers will sell their cars "As is" as in no warranty or a warranty for 6 months. If you are worried about potential problems, go to an acura dealer and get a pre-certified vehicle, and you can purchase an extended warranty for piece of mind. Keep in mind that dealers will be more expensive, as they have overheard to worry about.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
yea sorry totally kinda escaped me to mention, that the warrnty costs about 1500 bucks and i bout my car at a Acura delership. sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.