Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so strike me down if there is already a thread about this. but my friends...friend recently picked up a 95 GSR with 90,000 miles on it that had been sitting in some guys drive way for 3 years with a bad tranny. he picked it up for 1000... and is in the process of putting in a new tranny. what are the main things i should check for befor buying this.. like mechanically. i dont want to buy it. and it die 5k miles later.. i bought my LS with 90k on it, and it has been running strong with out a single problem for 50k miles. the guy said he got it to fire up no problem after a little work and it runs strong.
The guy is going to repaint it, and "fix" some other things he says, and end up selling it for about 5k.. im tired of my auto LS, i want a damn 5 speed. grr.

so i guess.. the main question here is.. what to look and check for.. alrighty thanks

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
man 3 years in a drive way ? I would wonder about that oil sitting in the motor for that long and all the fluids, timing belts. hoses, wiring.... make sure some rat dident make thoes his snack. once it's up and running compression test. Also like Mclovin said check gaskets and so on.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Towyne on Sep/16/07 said:
just auto to manual swap your current one.
I agree.. auto to stick .. cheeper then what your friend is going to do to that car and then sell it for. You know how well your car has been taken care of... why do you want a car thats been sitting in someones drive way and have no clue whats going to go wrong next with it ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.