Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i buy an integra shell and start from there, or just buy 3-4k integra and sell off the engine, parts i dont need,etc

( Finding a good condition shell is pretty hard here, so do you think it would be better off to buy a HIGH mileage one with a good frame and sell the stuff? will i save more money like that?)

·
Registered
405 Posts
It all depends on how much time you are willing to put into it. Starting from the bare shell will take much longer than having a full Integra. Since it's hard to find a shell in your area just buy a cheap teg that has never been in any major accidents, so at least you know the frame is in tip-top shape. Then, work yourself from there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm planning on making it brand new..like swapping the dashboards,full repaint,new brakes,suspension...with that amount of money, should i just go ahead and buy a rsx? i mean integra is a great car, but its used so..what do you think?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
man with the money you are going to shell out I would just get a full teg or just get you a type s

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Maybe he dosent have all the money at the moment and he wants to build his car up. In any case it's a crapshoot if the result is the same in the end and you are replacing everything and you don't need a running car then get a shell. Either way your car will be out of commission for a while.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you're just looking to build an Integra that's like stock, I don't see the point. You'd probably spend more money getting all the separate pieces than you'd spend just buying a used car in good condition.

The only way I can see buying a shell being a good idea is if you're planning to do a lot of custom stuff in the car, like a custom-built engine (or an engine from a different car, such as H22 or K20), have lots of cash to do this, and thus have no need for all the stock parts.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Shell, cheap running teg, RSX? That is up to you and your goals, how much time and money you have. We can't make that decision for you.

If you want to know what everyone else would do with those 3 options im gonna close this post as it does nothing.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would only get a shell if your going to be having the car as a deticated race car. The amount of work needed to get a shell to street car condition is going to be crazy. Depending on what the shell actually comes with. I would just go and buy a cheap good conditon running car and go from there.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Depends on your knowledge also. If your planning to swap the motor, replace the interior, and have alot of connections with automotive parts and can get good prices then i say go with the shell. If your paying other people to do certain things then i suggest that you shouldnt buy a shell. Fixing a shell is hard work and is not worth the money if your paying someone else to do it. As a project car where you do most of the stuff yourself then i say you get a shell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts