Team Integra Forums banner

Buying a G2...I think?

924 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  mark0 
#1 ·
An aquaintence of mine is selling his G2, for a reallllly low price. Thing is he doesn't know whats wrong with it. He says it stalls in the middle of driving, I don't know what could be the cause of this--so many factors. I'm still thinking about buying it as a secondary car, just unsure of what the problem might be. You see, I'm not exactly a rocket scientist when it comes to engines, although I'd like to think that I am mechanically inclined--I just don't know where to start. Dunno if this needs to be moved to the G2 forum, or what...I'm just trying to think if I should buy it or not. I really could use an extra car...esp. if it's a teg!

Edit: Oh, sorry, my question would be(if I didn't state it clearly enough) is that I was wondering where I should start looking for the problem, and other potential problems that would cause a car to stall like that. Thanks guys.

#5 ·
Edited by meconfu5ed at 02/20/2004 04:41:21 PM

1st- please don't bump

2nd- we need more info... it stalls in the middle of driving.  Related to an RPM, weather, gear, clutch in/out etc?  How is the idle?    Does it stall when you push the clutch in and are coasting, at a red light, or when you are actually accellerating?

3rd- a b18a is pretty much a b18b so there should be things you can search out on here as well as g2ic

#6 ·
there's a lot of things that can be the problem, especially your coil and ignition. also your distributor cap might be clogged, look into the spark plugs as well, take em out and check em. also your injectors might be clogged. need more details like meconfu5ed said. is it at idle when it stalls, clutch in coastin, accelerating, etc.

if you don't mind me asking, how much is he selling the car for, trim level, miles, auto/stick? year? just curious.

#7 ·
He's selling the car for 600, it's a 93 LS with 70k miles on the engine he dropped in. It's manual. I figured even if I don't find the problem, I could just drop a new engine in for a few grand, and be done with it. I was just trying to see if there was some "typical" problem that might cause it to stall. I've never taken a look at the car myself, really. I've seen it a couple times, but never thought about what was in it until he was selling it. The outside looks almost perfect. He says he doesn't know much about cars, and just wants to get rid of the headache, and he figures since it's old, it's not gonna be worth much anyway...so I'd gladly take it off his hands.

#9 ·
definately start with finding out after it dies check and see if it is firing and if not start with the coil,cap, rotor, main relay switch under your driver side dash, then your distributor. If you are firing after you stalled then you need to start with the fuel; filter, dirty injectors pump. I love them g2's I would definatly buy,it if you really like them then get it if you can afford it love my ls especially when I have gsr's and civic si's looking at my ls badge in the back. well good luck hope this helps.

#10 ·
Thanks a lot guys, I'll be checking into it really before I buy the car...but I'm pretty sure I can't check it all at first glance before I buy it. Perhaps I'll be joining the G2 community very soon...:D

#13 ·
see if it stalls after u drive it hard, and if a CEL comes on.

Mine used to after i installed my S-AFC it turned out i had the pressure setting wrong and it would throw a code after i drove it hard for a few gears...i forget which code it was but i think it was a fuel one...
hth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.