1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
learn english

·
Registered
181 Posts
hmm. i can burn out phatty in 2nd, but i have to be rolling at about 10-15 mph already. i dont understand how you can be at idle but still in 1st, my car would stall if i tried that. if you are rolling slowly in first and mash the gas your car will either bog or burnout. pretty simple stuff to do, in fact i sometimes do it on accident.

·
Registered
789 Posts
His question being can you spin your tires just by stomping on the gas. Not many cars have that ability. In an automatic, mine sure as hell does it, I can barely do it with the e-brake up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have done a even burnout with both wheels in first w/o dropping the clutch. But thats with a short ram intake and an exhaust can, not even an axle back exhaust.

Oh and those of you guys wondering, not on wet road either.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Me007gold on Apr/11/04 said:
dont bump your thread!!. and mabey you spoke decent english, people would understand what your talking about
Pretty funny to point fingers when YOUR english isn't perfect! Take a look...maybe YOU'LL see the mistake, maybe not.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think your at the wrong forum for burnouts... Try the camaro forum maybe?

·
Registered
181 Posts
he aint bumping his thread... hes fairly new and doesn't quite know how to wait for answers on message boards. this isnt online chat. try waiting for more people to roll through this thread and you get more answers than just "no" , or "what the hell are you talking about"

learn to be pacient. to do a burnout in first gear, you MUST drop the clutch when you are at a stand still or do the whole e-brake thing like an automatic or 'toe-heel' with your right foot while you let out the clutch.

otherwise you gotta be moving and slowly "stomp" the gas pedal to burn out.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
C_Rock77 on Apr/11/04 said:
Quote: Me007gold on Apr/11/04dont bump your thread!!. and mabey you spoke decent english, people would understand what your talking about Pretty funny to point fingers when YOUR english isn't perfect! Take a look...maybe YOU'LL see the mistake, maybe not.
not flaming or anything, but theres a BIG difference between, bad english and making a typing mistake.
and i never said my english was perfect. but at least you could understand what i was saying.

and to asnwer his question again, NO you cant

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
My point, exactly....

You don't even see your error. FYI, it's NOT the typo for "maybe." Look again.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Why doesn't every body stop *****ing and talk about the actual subject.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
A 1.8L 4 cylinder with less than 140 ft/lbs of torque isnt going to break loose at idle. Since when have you driven a car that can anyway? Even big v8's wont just smoke them if you step on it at idle man, cars dont make much power at 750rpm no matter how big the motor is.

If you want to smoke you're tires when you step on the gas at idle, pretty much you're only choice is to buy a heavy duty truck with a turbo diesel, chip it for more boost, turn of TC, and make sure you've got nothing in the bed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.