Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys

I’m Paul and I have a 97 dc4 I swapped my motor out after snapping my timing belt and and bending a valve or 2. Before the swap I was burning oil and thought after the swap it would stop but it hasn’t. Looked at the plugs and there good replaced the valve cover and oil pan gasket when I did the swap also and no visible leaks on the outside. Need tips on where to look for where it could burn?? T.I.A

·
Registered
689 Posts
If there are no apparent oil leaks but you are losing oil, it means the oil finds its way inside combustion chambers either via piston rings or the valve stem seals. Both issues are internal. The replacement engine you purchased likely has high miles, same as your old engine. The only way to address it is to replace the piston rings and/or the valve stem seals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like others said pistons may be worn. Try watching (safely) for blueish smoke from the exhaust pipe at a cold start and high rpm runs usually a sign of worn rings. Might get a compression test done to diagnose more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
94rx790rs
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing