Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on trying to install my eibach sportlines and koni reds within the week. My question is will i need to cut the bumpstop on my sportlines? i don't know very much about suspension and luckily the guy that will be helping me was once a mechanic. any other suggestions to make the installation go smoothly. i know a spring compressor is neeeded and i'm sure air tools are pretty much necesary. anything i'm missing?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Each type of spring is different, my eibach pro-kits came with directions that said to cut the fronts 30mm and leave the back ones alone.
If yours didnt come with instructions contact eibach and they will tell you what to do. Dont just cut them randomly or in half.

contact here

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the directions that came with my springs were minimal. they didn't have anything that said whether or not to cut the bumpstops. i hope someone who installed sportlines reads this and can help me.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
jared on Aug/07/02 said:
the directions that came with my springs were minimal. they didn't have anything that said whether or not to cut the bumpstops. i hope someone who installed sportlines reads this and can help me.
just e-mail eibach tonight,when they come in tommorrow moringing they will probably respond

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brainfart, i totally forgot the springs i have were installed on a 2000gsr already. they look brand spanking new. so i will assume for now if they needed to be cut (bumpstop) they already were. damn i think i'm getting dumber as i get older

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey tony 4311, madison, hell's yeah. i might be there saturday, and oh yeah, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have neuspeed sports and didnt cut mine. I called neuspeed first to confirm though, and they said I didnt need to.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
bump stops are not part of the spring they are part of the shock.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
indeed they are, but the shock will be more compressed with shorter springs.

also, since i see you have a 95, yours may be somewhat disintegrated as some of mine were on my 94...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can anyone post some pics of them cutting their bumpstops. i am slightly confused now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
bringing this thread back up. i took my bumpstops off without thinking. 2 are longer than the other 2. which ones are the fronts, i'm guessing the longer ones are for the front and the shorter ones are for the rear?. cuz i have to cut the front too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My sportline kit for a DA says trim 20 mm off a typical bump stop and no trimming for the rear. However, my stock bump stop is exactly the size they say to cut too. So 1.5 inches was the size for the front and 2.25 inches for the rear....

·
Registered
269 Posts
The problem i'm having from my install TODAY is how do i get the stock bumpstop onto my Koni shock?

There is a bulge there and i've tried pulling hard with a washer attached. I can only get a 1 inch cut bumpstop onto it. The auto parts store is out of bumpstops too so not much of an option. Should i try harder?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts