Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the Michigan Local news tonight about some kids that were supposedly bump jumpin and hit a tree. 2 of the 5 teens died, others seriously injured.

But, at the end of the news clip they talked about this same type of incident that happened last year in Canada that involved a 97 Integra Type R. They also show the footage. <link below>

So basically this post is an Awareness/Safety post about not bump jumping. Its more dangerous than fun.

Here is the link to the integra bump jumping video from last year. Right Click Save As...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
That is crazy - that would be terrible to see that happen to your friend...

·
Registered
496 Posts
holy sh*t. any info on the kids in the type-r? i assume they were kids, because when I was 16 i thought i was invincible as well. that's just... i dunno... man... makes me feel lucky for surviving all the crazy sh*t i did back then.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
ive seen that clip....there will always be a faction of society that will do stuff like that unfortunately.... like street racing, there will always be street racers out there risking other peoples lives for no reason

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
that type-r crash..both kids passed away..

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Wow, that's sad.
This "bump jumping", I've never heard of it before. I wonder how fast that ITR was going.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
wow thats just scary.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
It's called natural selection!

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
yeah Mark, i was watching it as well. it definately reminded me of the ITR that did the same thing. The odd part is, the people that live by the bump have been trying to get speed bumps and stop signs there for a long time because, of course, is not the first time someone has jumped it.
It's very sad that a 19 year old could be so irresponsible with other peoples lives. even if urged on, its a stupid thing to do. now the young man, faced with felony charges, not just has to go through the justice system but has to deal with the fact that he was responsible for the death of his own two sisters and the sever injury of two others.

it's a sad story

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Damn. That really sucks, and thats bad for your suspension anyway! Poor kids, poor Type-R! Thats horrible. The movies make it look so cool, I just got done watching Starsky and Hutch on Friday, and MAN, I sure wanted to go flying over ramps myself after that! Great movie, but it takes control, and professional stunt men to do stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
jojo on Mar/07/04 said:
It's called natural selection!
agreed, if your dumb enough to do that in the first place then you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car(especially with other people in your passenger seats) and chances are if they'd gotten away with that then they would die doing something else stupid and crazy. The older I get the more I realize that common sense isn't something everyone has these days. I hate reading about innocent people dieing due to someones wrecklessness though.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
It is a shame that peoples lives were taken at the hands of stupidity. I've never heard of the term bump jumping before but I can tell you that that sh*t happens right on my street. It seems like every year some person (who is usually drunk) punches it right before the train tracks next to my house, bump jumps the tracks and drives directly into the fire hydrant and/or my neighbor's home 3 houses down where the road curves.

I suppose people don't realize that you don't have any traction while your wheels are in the air and that you are unable to turn. LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
damn, this same thing happened in some back roads near where i live a couple years ago. two kids from my high school decided to do it in a mustang 5.0, and neither one of them survived. this is such a stupid thing to do, and i hope that maybe this thread can help someone make a good choice.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I have this saying, usually about people who walk down the "wrong side" of the mall, that I think is appropriate. To anyone who condones this kind of stuff, "Darwin is coming for you." That is sad, there were always some idiots "bump jumping" at the exit of my neighborhood, until about 3 months ago, they repaired it so now it's pretty flat. It only takes 3 accidents to get a stop sign put in somewhere, and I believe it's 5 for a stop light. If this is a problem in your area I would contact the city about it.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
i know first hand about bump jumping. i had to identify two of my buddies that was stripped naked covered with fireman's blankets. sadly to say they both died, but the others....one in critical condition, one broken sholder,passenger had rashes accross his neck, driver slammed "HER" head on the steering wheel, but lived. total of 6 people. they thought it was fun after the first jump, the second made the driver panic and she must have turned the steering wheel slightly. when they landed they took a hard right and wrapped the car around a metal light pole. the 2 that died, were the ones that got wrapped around the pole as well. i still can smell the gasoline covered in chemical to prevent it from exploding.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts