Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Just saw ad on Craigslist. A person asking help locating his stolen Integra. It reminded me of my previous '98 GSR that was also stolen and stripped to bare metal. The cop who made the report questioned me as if I stole it myself, though all I carried was a liability insurance. My Integra was found sitting on bricks on a side of a road 2 days later. At first I didn't recognize it when I came to the towing yard. It wasn't until I found my pictures inside the car is how I knew the car was mine. It only had 38K miles on it. To my surprise thieves left a tool behind. I carefully placed it in a plastic bag and brought it to the police department. The cop that I talked to, took the bag from me and began tossing it in her hands as if she wanted to make temper with the evidence. I asked her what she was doing. Her response left me speechless: "Are you worried that I'll remove finger prints? Don't worry, there are no finger prints on it." She never asked me for my name or the case number. I never heard back regarding the case. Took a long time to recover from this financial loss considering I was getting paid minimum wage.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Good read. Its nice to see that you are trudging through with all the stuff and not scared to make any mistakes. I'd hate to have to do my own body work on my car but I'd know that in the end, any experience would have been worth it.

Also:

Looks like this pipe caught an STD or something. horrible.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Want to hear another sad story? I sold Integra shell for $2.2K (a $10,000 loss). My mom loaned me another $3K and I purchased '92 Honda Prelude just to get around. One of the headlights had a water damage which I replaced. Next day, following the replacement, the engine caught on fire while my ex was driving it home. By the time fire department arrived, the hole front end of the car was on fire. Apparently, I forgot to put the bulb back into the new headlight. It was left hanging by its wire. So when the headlights were turned on, the bulb began melting the plastic that it was leaning against. I don't know what I was thinking that day, when I tried starting it after the fire was put away. Didn't realize that the timing belt melted. The engine turned. Not sure if its a zero clearance engine or not. If it is, I likely bent the valves. I ended-up repainting the engine bay (with the engine still in). Removed all burnt components. Turned-out very well actually. You could no longer tell there was a fire damage, but it was missing front bumper, fender, hood, headlight etc. I didn't do any work on the engine, so it wasn't running. As is, I traded it for a '95 Integra, with $3,600 cash on top.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Was cleaning my backyard the other day. This rear quarter panel was part of my ex's Integra. She was rear-ended and the shop who repaired the damage simply cut the car in half and welded a rear end from a donor GSR. Me and my friend cut the donor Integra in half, right behind the front seats. The donor car was a perfectly running GSR. I felt guilty having to cut it, but the seller said he couldn't register it and had to part it out. The repair shop then cut-out the undamaged quarter and gave it to me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Major work is underway, the neighbor says Im wasting my time:

Found a mouse nest behind the plastic panel. This little bastard was steeling my dog's food as I could see it stacked everywhere.

I think I know how he got there- a vent on a driver side behind rear bumper cover. Put a bunch of steel rods to block it.

The I realized that I trapped it inside. Hope there is enough food left (that I didn't find) as it needs to stay alive until I capture it. I installed mouse traps all over the car.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nice progress, dont let haters get you down. It's the same here in WI. I get called "...one of them ricers..." all the time. I found a few cool guys around here though that share my appreciation of clean imports.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Was at a gas station in my moms Ford Probe the other day. This van pulls up with a bunch of dudes. A guy looked at the fender damage (was dented from the door overlap) and offered to fix it for $100. I should have known better. After I agreed and followed them to their place, they basically slapped a bunch of bond on the fender, sanded it with a 40-grit and said its now ready for the paint. To keep it from bending back one guy broke off a tree branch and stock it between the frame and the fender. I couldn't believe my eyes. But as soon as I confronted them, I quickly realized that I better pay and leave. Hope you don't make the same mistake.

21 - 40 of 222 Posts