Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3000 to invest into my blown motor.. and i was wondering if a "built" motor and handle those track condition and all that strain on it... i.e. heat, constant high revs.. etc

Resleeve, Bore, Hone
IB Wiesco 11.5CR
Eagle Rods
IB "killer" crankshaft
New oil/water pump

Stock ITR head

all that is 3000 is there a better setup i can go with... keep in mind i need the block resleeved, and a new itr head.. which is 1000. so you can figure it out.
LMK, Thanks

BTW, IB stands for www.Importbuilders.com if you don't know..

What else would i need?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
one thing that I've found out from personal experiance: it doens't matter if you make 300 whp; if you don't have proper gearing, traction, and suspension to move the car, it's not going to be successful.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
not only that.... it's important to link where the power is made along the rpm range to your gearing since traction and acceleration is affected by this relationship. The ability to have a wide powerband (flexibility for different gearing needs at different tracks) is probably more important in road racing than peak hp.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
yeah, and dont forget stickers, lots of stickers. For each sticker you put on youre car you shave .20 second of you're quarter mile time.

Sry, couldnt resist.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
br1t1shguy on Sep/08/02 said:
yeah, and dont forget stickers, lots of stickers. For each sticker you put on youre car you shave .20 second of you're quarter mile time.

Sry, couldnt resist.
why waste space?

Anyway, one other thing you may want to consider is what you plan on competing in, SOLO, NASA?? they regulate differently, and some of those classes that you will be in with built internals have guys spending a WHOLE lot more. Do you want it to be fun or a money pit?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts