Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my last post i got the idea of turing a GSR into a type r...so now i ask for more help. Compared to anyone here i know nothing, i thoght i knew alot but as ive read i really dont. Im getting a GSR and going turbo eventully, can someone help me with whats like the best cams, pistons ( i would think ITR would be) and stuff like that, im not going to put anything but the best in the car so any and all tips would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
high compression and forced induction are not good friends... you can make it work, but you will be caught in this half-na, half-fi quasi-hell... if you want a serious na car, build it na, if you want a serious turbo car, drop the compression, resleeve the pistons (golden eagle is preferred), and turbo it... by the time everything is said and done, the only advantage the r has is the lsd and suspension... if you really want performance, go buy a quaife, which is superior to the lsd...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Also, the quaiffe and LSD are the same price now and the quaiffe has a lifetime warranty...Oh yeah, if you wanna go turbo for less money, get a LS, but I'd recommend going all motor with a GSR. It's much more fun and when you bust a Mustang's ass on a n/a motor, it's a completely different feeling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really what im askin is like how would you hook up your integra? but be specific with the reasons and things like that thanx again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have been looking but like im new to the terms and integras, i recently started liking them and dont know really too much, like with Greg, he ssaid "high compression and forced induction are not good friends" i have no idea why or like which causes which, i need alot of help

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Low compression head gasket
full gasket/seal set
Polished GSR crank
Crower steel billet rods
JE rings and pins
JE Forged 9.8:1CR pistons
Sleeved and girdled B18C1 block
Skunk2 cams, retainers, springs, etc.
AEM fuel system
Upgrade head bolts
JGEdelbrock IM w/ BBK TB
Custom T3/T4 hybrid turbo
Hondata equipped ECU
Polished GSR crank
Ported and Polished B18C1 head
Stage II racing clutch
Civic Si or Integ LS tranny with Quaiff LSD

This is a "wish list" of engine stuff i've thrown together. I'm not sure if it works, but from the homework i've done it looks good so far. if you go FI you definitely need to drop your compression.

That www.howstuffworks.com site rocks! i'm on there almost as much as i'm on T-I!

Basically you have to set a goal... how much hp... how much $$$ and reliability. Build the engine for what you intend to use the car for.

·
Registered
199 Posts
subtallica on Sep/24/02 said:
i have been looking but like im new to the terms and integras, i recently started liking them and dont know really too much, like with Greg, he ssaid "high compression and forced induction are not good friends" i have no idea why or like which causes which, i need alot of help
you can have a turbo high cr motor but it must be tuned well to prevent detonation.
This subject has been covered several times. Check these out. Search on your own to find more.

Turbo CR
Turbo GSR
MD CR Article
Another Post

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Since your new, here is a small bit of advice.. If a part your buying comes in a box that has the letters, APC, OBX, or says Ractive.. DO NOT buy it.. You'll thank me later

·
Registered
354 Posts
Civic Si or Integ LS tranny with Quaiff LSD
The civic Si and LS tranny are two very different transmissions. The Si tranny (about the same ratios as an itr) is geared a lot shorter than the LS tranny. I've had both in my car. The LS tranny had very little pull in third gear compared to the Si tranny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts