Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Buddly Club RACING SPEC COMPUTER

The Sub-Computer 'SPEC B' is the first piggy back computer in the automobile industry that specially caters to an automobile with an automatic transmission. It can control the speed changing points on an automatic transmission freely and provide good engine response. This sharp speed response is evident when Sports mode is selected compared to the Normal city driving mode.

PERFORMANCE

The response in medium speed limits can be improved substantially from standing starts by changing the factory set shift rise points. Furthermore, it can also prevent turbo boost drops during speed changes.

SHIFT UP POINT CoNTROL

In Sports mode, modifications to the factory set rise points enables swift kick downs when the accelerator is floored, especially when carving through winding canyon roads, and during high speed highway overtaking. This improvement provides a enhanced bodily sensation that a manual transmission providdes.

Buddly Club RACING SPEC COMPUTER

The Sub-Computer 'SPEC B' is the first piggy back computer in the automobile industry that specially caters to an automobile with an automatic transmission. It can control the speed changing points on an automatic transmission freely and provide good engine response. This sharp speed response is evident when Sports mode is selected compared to the Normal city driving mode.

PERFORMANCE
The response in medium speed limits can be improved substantially from standing starts by changing the factory set shift rise points. Furthermore, it can also prevent turbo boost drops during speed changes.

SHIFT UP POINT CoNTROL
In Sports mode, modifications to the factory set rise points enables swift kick downs when the accelerator is floored, especially when carving through winding canyon roads, and during high speed highway overtaking. This improvement provides a enhanced bodily sensation that a manual transmission providdes.

TOTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The change in shift rise points of an automatic transmission is made possible between the factory ECU and the SPEC-B itself by manipulating the numerical value from the factory ECU's map, and replaced the values with corresponding modified values. In addition, fuel adjustments can be made in +/- 6% in the SPEC-B itself. These adjustments can be changed by looking at the factory's map on RPM versus engine load point. From the reading, fuel enrichment can be increased & decreased accordingly

FUEL VOLUME

SETTING SCREEN

To use the SPEC-B, the software used for the professional shop model is required. The changes in shift rise points & fuel adjustments in the Racing Specifications Computer (RSC) are best performed at authorized dealers where the professional shop model software is available. The professional shop model software is not applicable to the user model.

RECOMMENDED DATA for easy setting

PC HARDWARE REQUIREMENT

Computer & Hardware Requirement:

Personal computer Type 9pins serial connector for the DOS/V machine

Memory: Above 32MB (recommendation above 64MB~)

CPU Recommendation for Desktop type : Pentium130MHz or above

Recommendation for Notebook type : Pentium230MHz or above

NOTE: This product used millimeter standard (the M2.6 - 0.45) , inch standard (# 4-40) for the 9pins serial connector's stop screw. Please verify the personal computer which make in the 9 pins serial connector standard.This product used millimeter standard, Please avoid using the personal computer with inch standard .You might damage the product by forcing the screw on incompatible connector.

$999 US

$ 1043 US with harness repair kit
Has anybody ever used this with a auto tranny and if they did how did it work?

Did the advertised "swift kickbacks help keep them in there powerrange?

How much of a pain was this to install and was there anything else needed to install this?

Just wondering if any of you TI members had this on their auotmatic tranny. Thanks and let me know if you have had any experience with this computer upgrade.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they say you can customize your factory settings with the shift points being higher and keeping you in your powerband longer, and you can also turn it off when just driving normally. Level Ten is in the R&D stages of this type of product a driveline piggy back computer that plugs directly into your factory harness and allows you to adjust and select yourself the shift points and how hard your tranny locksup and shifts and provides real engine breaking during racing. It goes for like $498, which I think is much more cheaper than this setup and you won't need the software to tune it.

I just wanted to see if this computer was on anybody's car with a auto tranny.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya but this would be an awesome upgrade for a stock like LS/VTEC with just boltons. It would allow that person to achieve a higher powerband with what they have by adjusting their factory set shift points. Oh well this is just going nowhere I will probably be the only guinee pig to do this type of upgrade. lol

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome MD I take it he's up in Toronto with you. Which is okay I can get a dyno of my setup now and set the shift points according to where the power is. I still will be screwed in gearing ratios, but this is a huge step a the drag strip. Let me know if you know how much this type of tuning would cost and what I would have to do to get this done.
Thanks MD.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh well I'll just wait for Level Ten to come out with their version of a transmission computer upgrade. Thanks though MD.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i never realized that any companies, besides transmission specific companies, made anything taylored specifically for our auto trannies.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MD I have a ls/vtec with a b16a2 head and a b18b bottom with a VAFC running the vtec switchover, but yes the computer for the tranny would be b18b obd2. hope this helps oh yeah the charger is a CIVIC SI unit 99-00. Make sure you tell him that the tranny has a stall speed of 2600rpm this might help in deciding where to put the shift points. Thanks MD.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm it would help alot if I looked at the application chart it's just for alot of the high end Japanese Cars like RX-7, SUPRA ect... I'm sure if I emailed them they would be able to help me right?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
There have been products out there like that before, but Honda auto's are almost always swapped out. Try asking the question on a Supra forum and see. I would be willing to bet that there are people on there with ecu upgrades on their late model Supras.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts