Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was rotating my tires yesterday (by hand, even) and I was having a bit of trouble with one of the lug nuts on the front passenger wheel. It was a little stiff, but was turning, so I kept at it....unfortunately, when I finally got the lug nut out, the wheel lug bolt was broken off and seized inside the nut. Now I am running only three lugs on that tire and need to get it fixed pronto.

I havent done any work in there besides brakes before, so I dont even know what part I need to get in order to fix it. Anyone know the name of the part and where I might best get one? I am sure that wherever I go, I will need to order it, I dont imagine its a popular one to have sitting in a shop.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if you broke the wheel stud then thats an easy fix. any honda dealer or parts store should have it in stock. just ask for a wheel stud. if you need to know how to replace it when you get it just let me know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can just replace the stud itself then? I guess thats what I am looking for. Will the official service manual have that in there? I bought it a couple years ago and was looking through it yesterday, but couldnt find what I needed, probably because I didnt know what to look for.

UPDATE: I went and searched the site for 'wheel stud' and found what I was looking for. Seems that the IDY capability of this is up in the air. If I have to mess with the wheel bearing then I will just take it somewhere and get it done, much as I hate to. I just dont have the tools anymore to do it, and it freaking cold in my garage.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ill take a look at my car bt you shouldnt have to remove ne thing, just remove the wheel again,remove caliper and rotor, hit the broken stud with a hammer, it will pop out the back, install the new one from the back, place a couple of washers on the front side of the bolt, install lug nut and keep turning it, it will pull itself through, then just remove lug nut and washers and your done.

alright i check my car you may have to remove the spindle, but i couldnt see to much, i didnt have the rotor off, just the wheel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.