Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motormount broke today on my way to school and i was wondering how much work is involved in fixing the motor mount. I know you have to take the engine out but anything else i need to know and do you know how long it would take to do it...like 1 day,4 days or whatever. Just let me know something.

Later,
Garin

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
my motor mount broke during the trip to the inspection station
. which mount is it? - the tranny mount, the right engine mount, or the rear mount?

cost - the mount will cost between 75 & 90 dollars from the dealership, depending which one it is. the rear mount in the most expensive.

install - i helped my friend/mechanic (doing the inspection) install the tranny & rear mount. we put the teg on a lift tho, but used a tall jack to hold the motor in place as we replaced them one at a time. Therefore, you wont need to remove the engine - just support it with a 3-ton jack underneath, the other mounts will be able to keep it stable inside the engine bay. if its the rear one, your in for A LOT of work. it involves taking out some bar that obstructs your arm/wrench and its a VERY small and awkward space to work in. EXPECT 45+ MINUTES, MAYBE MORE IF YOU PROCEEDE WITH CAUTIoN.

i highly recommend you have a mechanic do this - that way if something goes wrong, you can pin the blame on them.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you look at trhe car from the front it is the right motormount. I hope it doesnt take long cuz i want my teg back.

Later,
Garin

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
ahh the right mount? that's a piece of cake!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, so where do u think i could order one? Should i just order it from my mechanic or what.

Later,
Garin

·
Registered
392 Posts
good thing it wasnt the trany mount. u would be in trouble then. my rear mount broke on me. it was a pain to replace it

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yeah, so where do u think i could order one? Should i just order it from my mechanic or what.
ask your mechanic how much the part will be from honda, cuz if you buy it FROM the dealership, you'll pay less. although your mechanic will be a lil P-O'd because he didn't get money off him purchasing it from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well maybe i can find someone that can fix it right away. I was plannin on racing my car this weekend, but i dont think i am this weekend. It sucks but i can fix it so i guess its ok

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
right mounts a breeze, its right there, sitting out in the open. You could do it youreself no prob with a shop manual and a jack to support the engine.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered the part yesterday and its goin to take a week to get here and then i will get it fix as soon as the parts gets here. I guess i will be tegless for a week then, but better than not having a teg i guess.

Later,
Garin

·
Registered
169 Posts
Take the oem part back. Order a hasport solid mount or have yours filled. This will help with shifting and wheel hop. I can sell you the Hasport mount for $148 plus shipping. Or get it from me at Nopi.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Wow! I can't belive you guys are still considering factory mounts over aftermarket polyurethane mounts. The aftermarket is better and cheaper in some cases.

Get an aftermarket if you can. I got me a set of ES and Prothane. Good stuff, just need to put in the rear and the side that you broke. Most likely get me a HASport one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ya my friend hit a tree trunk and the impact riped out 2 motor mounts including the tranny mount. i believe the bolts were ripped right out and the threads were stripped, is there anyway to fixing this? if its fixable then im sure someone will wanna buy his engine cause there isnt anything wrong with it

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
yeah, well he has to replace one mount, and if he only replaces his right mount with a stiffer mount its going to have the engine twisting in wierd ways that you dont want. I doubt he wants to replace 2 or 3 other mounts as well, so for him the stock mount is the best way to go.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
ES mounts are $29 for the set and the Prothane isn't that much more. With a little more he can have a very good setup of polyurethane motor mounts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts