Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz, im looking into getting a new amp to run my system but i have some question on how some of these bridged mode amps work. For Instance This AMP, says 300x2 rms power in bridged mode, is this at 2 ohms or 4 ohms? I know bridging combines 2 channels but does it also drop the ohm load? I want to understand what actually happens when bridging channels. Im trying to get a kicker amp to match the rest of my system and power a pair of kicker comp vr's dvc ( each coil is 4 ohms ). The RMS for these subs is 400 watts, so I need at least 300 watts. Im so confused, lol. Looking for an amp to match your subs is a pain. *sigh*

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
the amp doesnt drop a load because you bridge it.. its the speaker's wiring config that presents the load to the amp.... its a question whether the amp can take it or not.....

"300 watts x 2 in bridged mode" is for a 4 ohm total load across one of the pairs of channels......

and btw, i have the amp right above that, the 700.5, i like it a lot.. when its not letting smoke out through the fan (its back at Kicker getting fixed right now)

as for how to get cleared up on this stuff.. nothing beats JL Audio's Site

1 - 2 of 2 Posts