Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, does the brembo rotors tends to get wrap easier than OEM rotors because their meterial is "softer"? I brought a full set of brembo blanks last week (now waiting for Axxis Ultimate and MM), so i started a thread at www.g2ic.com and then i am getting feedbacks about these rotors sucks and poeple had them wrapped easily eventho they followed the proper break-in procedure...

Since we have 30k members here, i want to know the truth, or the experience from you guys... is Brembo blank rotors just hype, or it is actually something worth getting (than OEM blanks)?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have them and no warping has happened yet (knock on wood). I think they are a little better then OEM but it could just be a placebo effect. As for the install I think they weren't any harder or easier then any other rotor would be, it just depends on how easy you can get those two screws holding the rotors on. I am also running OEM pads right now til auto-x season starts up again then I will be running Axxis Ulimates all the way around. I think these were cheaper then OEM ones too. I paid like $200 CDN for all four so I ain't going to complain.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long have you been running them? Some people said they started to wrap after 3000 miles. I got mine for around 160$ CAD shipped (could have get it around 150$ but i wanted them ship faster so i paid a little more). Review on the shop i brought the rotors

These guys have VERY good deal on Brembo blanks and Axxis Ultimate & MM pads. (i think my entire brake setup is about 300$ - 4 blank rotors, ultimate front, metalmaster rear)

Anyhow, so yea, how long had you have those rotors on?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have Brembo blanks on my car for over a year now. I went with these because I kept warping the autozone blanks. As long as you clean the hub where the rotor meets very well with a wire brush and brake cleaner and evenly torque down your lug nuts with a torque wrench you should have no problem. There are many ways to warp a rotor. Whoever told you they suck probably didn't install them right.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont mean to hyjack your thread but this is a question that I have been meaning to ask for a while. Can you cross drill or slot your own rotors? With say Auto Zone Blanks. Or will this weaken the rotor itself?

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Down-Nola on Feb/09/04 said:
I dont mean to hyjack your thread but this is a question that I have been meaning to ask for a while. Can you cross drill or slot your own rotors? With say Auto Zone Blanks. Or will this weaken the rotor itself?
Damn hijacker! hehe... well, if you can drill them properly, it should be fine.

Go here:
some tech about slot & drill

Basically you wanna drill them, and have the edges all rounded.

·
Registered
234 Posts
site doesent work, buy yea I am a machinest, I have everything I need at work. I am gonna do a little research and test this out.
Ryan

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I would never attempt to drill or slot my own rotor. If done wrong you can create stress fractures that you can't see, and it will cause the rotor to crack under stress.

Which means when you go to make a sudden stop, the rotor cracks and you no longer have braking ability. ;)

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sleeperls93 on Feb/09/04 said:
What is the proper break-in procedure?
After installing new pads and rotors,
go around 40mph, and brake the car down to 10mph. then
go around 50mph, do the same down to 10mph, then
again to 60mph, down to 10mph
drive a little and let it cool off
park your car without pulling the handbrake