Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup,
just recently put in my new brembo rotors and i,ve been getting this burnt smell that i never had before coming from the front in the area of the rotors. this is from normal driving conditions. im assuming its the rotors cause the smell was never there before the install. is this normal for these rotors? are they suppose to get hotter. at first, i would say the first week you could tell it was the rotors breaking in. but now the burnt smell is very annoying a few weeks later. so is this normal? if so how long till it goes away.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have the same rotors all around and i had the smell for a couple of days and thats it. did u also change the brake pads just wondering. make sure the screws are holding the disc in place and that they are not loose

·
Registered
318 Posts
check and make sure one of the calipers arent seized and clamped on the rotor....can u explain the smell?...is it like electrical wires burning?..that type of smell

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
BORICUA2004 on Feb/06/04 said:
i have the same rotors all around and i had the smell for a couple of days and thats it. did u also change the brake pads just wondering. make sure the screws are holding the disc in place and that they are not loose
those screws do nothing other than hold the rotor on if your rim falls off. alot of people don't even put them back in becuase its more simple to change brakes quick without having to drill out the screws every time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i used the same pads cause they still look pretty good. should i have changed them anyways? are there different types of pads that i should use? i also have the rotors all the way around but the smell only comes from the front. i dont really know how i would better explain the smell other than burnt. mechanically everything is fine, theres enough clearance all the way around and nothing is touching or rubbing. im assuming that this will go away hopefully. thanx for all your input!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
yeah always get the pads replaced when the rotors are replaced and as for the smell its normal for about a few days of normal days. If u go out and heat them up and rap the pads hard on them and then im sure the smell will go away within a day

·
Registered
194 Posts
what kind of pads are recommended when gettin cross drilled slotted rotors. Are OEM pads ok to use or should you invest in some aftermarket like, aem, ebc or something like that.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I just did the same thing on my Teg I also had these on before the burnt smell is YES the zinc coating on the outside this to prevent them from rusting and no they do not very nice. I go with Axxis Metal Master Pads they are cheap and good for daily driving the EBC wears out to quick for me. I never tried the aem ones though. Good luck and don't worry about the smell. You can also use oem pads as well they will last a little longer.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yes becareful when selecting a pad. Pads with Higher heat ranges tend to be rather ineffective at lower temps and tend to be abrasive until they heat up.
Just besure to ask if the pads you are using are good for the Cross drilled Rotors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts