Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this sound like a good plan? I plan on just getting the brembos for up front and keeping the rear stock for now (those rotors are fine).

Also has anyone ordered from tirerack.com before? Because they seemed to have the best prices I could find on the blanks.

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that is the main reason I was looking at the Axxis pads. Is Axxis a good realiable brand, or are they similar to like your run of the mill autozone brand?

·
Registered
171 Posts
well i just bought some axxis ult and replaced the autozone pads with them - the stoping power is like nigth n day - i feel much more confadent with the axxis. it's like driving a whole new car.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i have the pbr/axxis ults. incredible pads. love em! feel much more confident when im driving faster and on my occasional canyon runs, havnt experienced any brake fade and i have stock rotors...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Jan/26/06 said:
Rotors are rotors, it really doesn't matter who makes them. Avoid cross-drilled and/or gas-slotted.
Yes and no... Definately avoid wasting your money on cross-drilled, slotted, dimpled, etc., rotors. But you have to realize that not all blank rotors are the same... while the design is almost always the same, or very close to it, there is a difference in the metals used.

I personally run Duralast rotors from AutoZone ($21.99/ea) and they have proven time and time again that they can stand up to the abuses of road course racing. You may notice that Autozone also sells Valucraft rotors for about $16.99/ea, and although they appear the same and have similar markings and boxes, there is a world of difference. I managed to badly crack one from just a month or two of street use with Axxis Ultimate pads... it's normal to get some light surface cracking with semi-aggressive pads like these, but anything deep is a problem, and this was not only deep, but all the way through to the ventillation section! Needless to say, these rotors would have resulted in quite a disaster if I tried to use them on a road course with real race pads. The Duralast rotors, on the other hand, have never given me any problem until I wore them down way below the acceptable thickness. Some of the more expensive blank rotors offer a lower rate of wear when used with aggressive pads, but it's not worth the money, IMO.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have the PBR Metal Master - they have been great for both cold starts and once they heat up.... great difference and they do get noisey....but that goes and the main thing is they work.... they also release loads of dust ... but dust incr vs stopping incr ie both seem to go up in my experience you can never get a dust free pad.... just wash your alloys as they may corrode .... also apply wax on the alloys for protection...

The rotors as noted do not have to matter in terms of blanks or name brands..... our sponsors have excellent prices so I recommend you try them first.

Finally, you never noted what kind of driving style and the rationale to your purchase....its really pads we are talking about not blanks... for seriously good braking power upgrade your system but the cost is inhibitive so may not be worth it.... just think about why you want it and what you plan to achieve....

Niaz

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Absolutely as GSRGUY said - as I was saying you cannot expect no or low dust with high performance/ - N

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.