Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im about to join the airforce, and i wanna build my engine and boost it to around 400 whp after i get in, now i have a question about breaking it in. arnt you supposed to break the engine in before you get it tuned? and if thats true wouldnt it be bad for the car to be driving it without getting it tuned?? im confused on how your supposed to go about this process? thanks

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
no, thats a myth, its best to get it tuned from first start up, then run a procedure of cheap oil for 100 miles then change and go, just don't run it too hard.

everyone seems to have their own opinion on after tune break in, you just have to pick one and go.

·
Registered
479 Posts
install motor, fill on new fluids, turn it over without spark/fuel for a bit to get oil in the passages. start it up, and tune idle air fuel immediately. after about 15-20 minutes change oil, throw it on the dyno and throw a ton of boost at it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Thats because you got it tuned right from the jump jake
. But like everyone said get it tuned right from the first time you start the motor up for the first time. If the tuner cant come too you. Goto them. Basically after a few heat cycles/oil changes you will be ready to throw some boost at it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Air Force!

lol sorry, nice to see I'm not the only 18 year old going military

I have similar plans of either rebuilding/boosting or doing a ITR swap once I'm in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.