Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a 97 LS automatic and I just spent last month w/o my beloved car. My break switch went bad. Turns out it’s a pain the the a$$ to replace. Anyway… I finally had someone put a new one in and now my speedometer isn’t working, my gear shift is STILL stuck unless I use my key, and now it’s really sluggish coming out of first gear. Is there anyway possible it was put in wrong? I had no previous issues before the break switch went bad. Could it possibly need to be recalibrated? If so, any tips? Please keep in mind, I’m a girl and I need lame terms please. I just want my car to be ok 😭

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Hmmm, I don't think the brake switch would cause the speedometer issue. Unless something else was bumped during installation maybe? I'm not super familiar with how the auto trans works in these cars, is there another safety switch other than the brake switch? I think the speedometer issue and the sluggish issue coming out of first gear are probably related. Again, I don't know a lot about these auto transmissions, but I would think that if the car can't read how fast its going, it would screw up the shift points in the transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I don't think the brake switch would cause the speedometer issue. Unless something else was bumped during installation maybe? I'm not super familiar with how the auto trans works in these cars, is there another safety switch other than the brake switch? I think the speedometer issue and the sluggish issue coming out of first gear are probably related. Again, I don't know a lot about these auto transmissions, but I would think that if the car can't read how fast its going, it would screw up the shift points in the transmission.
I looked up safety switch and it is located in the gear shift. So that would make sense as to why I have to use my key to unlock the gear shift as well. Unfortunately, the person who I asked to replace my alternator (what I was originally told the problem was) for some reason had my fuse box open! I guess I’m just going to have to start there. 🥺

·
Registered
85 Posts
I looked up safety switch and it is located in the gear shift. So that would make sense as to why I have to use my key to unlock the gear shift as well. Unfortunately, the person who I asked to replace my alternator (what I was originally told the problem was) for some reason had my fuse box open! I guess I’m just going to have to start there. 🥺
just because your a girl dont not sell your self short..... there are plenty of women gear heads out there...... if you have interest in fixing your own car id say go for it ........ we are all here to help buy a haynes manuel for your car as well they are good for beginners

1 - 4 of 4 Posts