Team Integra Forums banner

Brakes going to the floor

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  trojwl 
#1 ·
So my girlfriend has a 96 rs, her brakes were hella stiff and you had to really hard press on them to get them to brake. I replaced the brake booster and the brake master cylinder and also bled them as well and now her pedal just still will go to the floor. The weird thing is that her brakes still work just not at the right height, pretty much all the way at the bottom end. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? Could it be her ABS or the lines or something?

#5 ·
If you bench bled the BMC and the entire system at all 4 corners you can adjust the pedal height. I don't have my Helms books anymore but I found a screenshot online that should get you close.

Not doubting your ability, but If you have any doubt about the system being bled properly, bleed it again since it's your girlfriend's car and you won't have as much driving time to assess for a feel of air in the system. In case you're unaware, there is a specifc order that the brakes should be bled in. Brake Bleeding

Good luck. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.