Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of redoing my brakes. one of the rear calipers was ceased and needed to be replaced. I figured that if I was going to do one side that I should do the other so now I have my car sitting on blocks in the garage.

But anyways I decided to replace the rotors and in the process of taking out the screws on the rotors I managed to strip the screw pattern (phillips head) but still got them out. What are some good replacement screws? Should I go down to Canadian Tire and just get some generic screws or do I have to order new ones from Acura?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Don't bother to replace it. It was only needed on the assembly line. This has been covered many many times.

·
Registered
617 Posts
actually when you mount the wheels there are tight on there. when pep boys did my brakes they didnt put it back on, none the less i didnt like it, but i been driving around like that for about 3 months, i didnt even notice until last saturday when i had to take my wheel of to replace my axle

·
Registered
879 Posts
Do you actually think those little screws hold the rotor on? BTW need time use an impact driver and you wont strip the screw.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did think that the screws held the rotors on. This being my first car I am having a steep learning curve in terms of repairs. I can fix a mountain bike with my eyes closed and I was comparing the disk brakes on my car to the ones on my mountain bike. Slightly different approaches to holding them on.

I was also looking at the repair manual that I have and it said that the screws were needed.

Well I guess that I learned something new today. Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts