Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I've got a problem brewing with my brakes. When it gets really hot out I have found that when I brake my car stops but the pedal will slowly get pushed down to the floor in order for me to be kept at a stop. once the pedal hits the floor the car stays at a stop. I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on and is it safe to drive the car. I can't get it to the shop until tues. and I have to take it on a 200 mile round trip this weekend. I was told it could be the master cylinder and that just doesn't sound good. Do you guys think it's safe to drive?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
What color is your brake fluid? If it looks like French Roast, change it out ASAP. If it's really old/dark, it may be boiling, causing you to lose braking power.

By the way, the search is going to do jack for you in this situation. Get me more information.

Your first step is to check your fluid...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You could also just be low or out of fluid. However, that's unlikely because your mentioned that this problem only occures when it's hot out. Anyway, if it's not the fluid, it's probably another one of your hydraulic components (slave cyl., master cyl.) Could also be a leaky line or perhaps there's a bit of air in the system.

Also, this is probably not a pad or rotor problem; if your pads or rotors were worn enough to cause you to lose braking power altogether, you'd be hearing some SERIOUS metallic grinding sounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts