Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how to describe my problem or when it started but here it goes...

When I apply my brakes from around 60-80km/h my car vibrates especially the steering wheel. (not so much where I have to wrestle with the steering wheel to make the car go straight) Just vibrates like a force feedback wheel or game controller. If I apply my brakes lightly the vibration is less.
And if i'm moving slowly with my foot on the brake the car is sort of jerky as if the brakes a slightly applying itself and letting go. Kinda feels like something is warped.

Any help would be much appreciated. Oh and it is an 95' auto LS.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
djestar on Sep/17/07 said:
...Kinda feels like something is warped....
Thinking that you answered your own question.

check the runout on the rotors, they are likely warped.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Exactily as you thought, thats gonna be your front rotors, they are warped. It is usually caused by the driver riding the brakes or the brakes simply dragging and heating up. Rotors are reletively cheap, you can pick some stockers up for 80-90 bucks or you could go for the drilled-slotted ones for 120 and up. If the shutter isn't too bad, a brake shop can sometimes true the existing rotors using a brake lathe. It sounds like you are past that stage though. Bottom line--fix it soon because that vibration KILLS steering and suspension components if it happens for too long.

Good luck

·
Registered
394 Posts
yeah they have answered what you need already. It's a warped rotor. If you fix that and you still get this problem then go ahead and check stuff like tires for uneven wear and alignment. Those would cause you to steer off course a little.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies... i guess I contributed by riding the brake in traffic... too bad it has come to this for me to learn my lesson... anyways i guess it is time to get new rotors because the last time I replaced my pads and brakes... i had to machine my rotors and it was already down to the minimum.

Thanks again
/thread

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
djestar on Sep/17/07 said:
Thanks for the quick replies... i guess I contributed by riding the brake in traffic... too bad it has come to this for me to learn my lesson... anyways i guess it is time to get new rotors because the last time I replaced my pads and brakes... i had to machine my rotors and it was already down to the minimum.

Thanks again
/thread
that right there is why they warped so quickly again.
after you have your rotors turned, they WILL warp even faster. Having your rotors turned just buys you time, it doesnt fix them.

Glad we were able to help you out, you should practice rev matching, and compression braking instead of riding/applying the brakes all of the time. If you learn how to follow safely, and use a good combo of engine braking (compression braking) and pedal braking; you can drastically improve your pad/rotor life.

·
Registered
131 Posts
dude he's got an auto. (djestar-- don't do the D-2-1 way of slowing down either...brake jobs cost less than trannys)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I checked his profile for his Integra's info....assumed it was manual.
I admittedly missed where he stated that it was an auto. I apologize.

Still you may not have to ride the brakes as much, if you adjust your driving habits and following distance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
check your pad wear that will tell you if they are warped and also look at your rotor it will have a bluish color on the surface area where the pad contacts. also since you cant downshift too slow yourself your brakes do ALL the work there which doesnt help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.