Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, haven't posted here for awhile but of course, I always check up every now and then. Today, my rear brake pads just started making the noise, telling me that they need changing soon. Hopefully I can go through the weekend with the way they are because my girl is coming in to town and no way I'm going to want to work on the car.

I need some help deciding on a pad. I'm pretty confused and I did search on them and got a bunch of input but still can't decide. My car is a daily driver and nothing else. Occasionally I enjoy speeding and having a little fun on the streets but it's rare. So what pads would you recommend for my situation? I've been seeing Axxis, AEM, Hawk, EBC, etc. Just want a brake pad that will do it's job with little dust.

I know I'll probably get a few people saying to stick with OEM, but who wants to do that when you can get aftermarket?
That's part of modding your car I guess. However, if in the end OEM will please me the most then I'll stick with them. Hope you guys can help me out....thanks.

V

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd just go down to my local auto store and purchase any of the high performance pads that they stock. You really wouldn't need anything too expensive since you rarely push your car to the limits. If you really wanted to go with something different you cant get a whole brake upgrade with new slotted or cross drilled rotors and calipers, but thats gona run you $500-$2000, depending if you even want the high performance calipers. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm brake upgrade a little to much for me. one question, just got off the phone with one of my mechanics and I asked him about AEM pads and he said they are made or the same as Okimoto/Akimoto pads (I don't know how to spell it). Anyone have any information on this at all? Are these pads good/bad?

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
if you are just gonna be driving on the street(even if you do so very agressivly) i wouls suggest going to autozone and getting some of thier carbon metalics.

they are cheap and they hold up very well. the set i have on now lasted a full day at the road course, a test & tune at the course, and an autox or 2... and all winter.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
There's no point in getting a "high performance" pad unless you just want to say "I have .... pads". If you get an agressive pad, your breaking will be worse than stock. The pad will rarely get up to operating temp in daily driving.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
AEM pads are ceramic, as are the Akebono ProACT (I think that's the brand you are referring to). I'm running the Akebonos in the front and OEM in the rear. The rear does next to nothing anyway. If the pads do eventually wear out (I doubt they ever will), I'll go ceramic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.