Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front calipers are seized, rears might be too. Front rotors are warped and all four rotors are rusty. Due to this, I'll be doing a full brake maintenance(upgrade?)
-new rotors front and rear
-new calipers front and rear

some questions:
-Do i need to get the calipers with mounting brackets, or are my current one reusable?
-non-air-powered impact hammer enough to remove the screws holding the rotors, or will i need access to some air tools?

·
Registered
447 Posts
dont use air tools... if they are seized, get a long strong screwdriver and hit directly perpendicular to the rotor against it with a hammer... should break it free.

better question, how did all 4 seize at once

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got my dad claiming its impossible to remove without airtools, so wanted some second opinions. I'll try your method before going out and getting an impact hammer.
Not sure if they all seized at once, I got this car used about year and a half ago and put new pads in a couple of months ago. First noticed that my gas mileage was dropping (around 20mpg right now, 24 if i drive it like a geo). Pads started squealing intermittently, worn unevenly after about 6 months. Tried the raised car spin test with tranny on neutral for front(auto tranny) and e-brake off for back. Front wheels spin maybe half a turn more, rear wheels spin 1 more turn before stopping.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Air tools are not needed I got mine loose with a battery powered drill just play with the tourque settings.

As for the brackets if they are factory oem replacements or made to fit like fectory then you should be ok with the brackets you have.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calipers are the rebuilt OEM replacements, so I'll get the ones without brackets. Good to know I wont need the airtools or impact hammer. Guess another paycheck is going into the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.