Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keeps on blowing too.

I'm not sure if this is two entirely different problems or not.

First, some pissed off lady pulled up beside me today and told me I have NO break lights. Kind of odd, I think. I pull over and test them out, nothing. No 3rd breaklight, neither tail light.

So, thinking it could have been a short in one of the bulbs, I headed over to Autozone to pick up 4 new bulbs for the backup lights and the tail light brake lights.
Well, still no brake lights at all. Oddly enough, I get both my white backup lights with no problems. All the fuses under the dash are fine.

However, the 20A fuse for the horn/CC keeps on blowing, and I have NO idea why....I had my car worked on back in April, and the Cruise/Horn did not work..is there a way to hook them up aside from the fuse?

I really don't know what else to do. I'd hate to have to fight electrical gremlins.

Help!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
do u have a spoiler? if so disconnect it
open ur hood, there's a horn and brake light fuse thats joint, its blown, before you replace that replace your brake light switch, replacce the blown fuse, problem fixed.

uve got a short somewhere. I just took some sleeping pills so im really drowsy and dont want to type a lot but that'll help you out with your problem.

your horn is just fine its just not working b/c the fuses are joint and since its blown b/c of ur brake lights the horn doesnt work.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so let me get this straight...

Because I have a bad brake light switch, it causes my fuse to blow?

Now, where do I go about obtaining this brake light switch?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Also check behind the rear most plastic panel there is a ground that bolts driectly into the rear chasis its near the hatch release actuator and what not make sure that is grounded it has been know to cause crazy problems.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
my horn was doing the same thing.. it kept blowing and stuff and wouldn't stop unless i unhooked the battery.. my fuse was blown and i put a new one in.. blew again..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Try a 25A fuse. If it blows again try the aforementioned methods of uncovering your electrical issues.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still having problems. All the brake light switches in the area are all incompatible. does your switch have a 2 prong? Mine is a 4 prong, which is for cruise control equipped cars, apparently. So my car is just sitting at the shop until monday. My local honda dealer had to Special order the part in.

They said that this ought to take care of the problems. If not, I'm going to be pissed. I really don't want to have to pay tons of cash to do an electrical system diagnostics test.

I'm not sure what else to do. Using my woman's car sucks, and she gets pissy because I have to use it.

pinoy..make sure you picked up the right switch...otherwise, I'm not sure what else to say. I dug up a ton of posts on this topic, and it seems that in other instances, wires have been crossed. Keep me posted on what you're doing to solve your issue!!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
be sure you disconnect any spoiler lights or anything thats wired to your brake lights before you replace your brake light switch. b/c ur problem could be more in depth than just a brake light switch. if u have a short it could end up burning out your brake light switch and blowing ur fuses again and ur back where u began.
this happened to me a while ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i picked up the one for cruise control. its the 4 prong one and when i installed it the horn worked but wheni stepped on the break the fuse blew again. so i re checked the ground wires in the back and still blew fuse's. everything will worke until i press the break pedel so somethings gotta be wrong there but can't figure it out.. tell me what happens on when they fix your car. i might have to take my car to the shop also if i can't figure it out.

·
Registered
811 Posts
the short is in the brake light switch on the pedal it also works as an off switch for the cruise control

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
what else is wired to your brake lights switch, do you have a spoiler? even an oem one, do you have an alarm system installed on your car and if so do you have your horn connected to your siren? i had a friend that did this and it caused a short.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yeah come to think about it, you said that when you swapped the fuses, your horn worked but as soon as you pressed the brake pedal, it blew the fuse, so therefore your short is not in your horn.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pinoystylez82 on Sep/24/07 said:
jimmysz32 how much is the shop charging you to fix your car? did you take it to acura
$40 for the labor, which now that I think about it, I could do myself. No way! Don't take it to Acura or Honda, they rip you off. Find an independant or local honda shop.

My part got delayed until tomorrow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.