Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I drive a '98 Integra LS and my brake lights don't work. Only sometimes, for example when the headlights/high beams are off they work. Once I turn my headlights on. My brakes do not work. Also the 3rd brake light stays on all the time.

Interesting enough, when I disconnect the tail light switch. My brakes work all the time. (Except fairly dim)

Please help guys, I got pulled over the other night; now I'm super paranoid driving after dark!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue, I'm having a similar issue now on my 1997 LS. Brake lights seem to work normally until I hit the brake pedal with the headlights in the on position. The 3rd brake light comes on as normal when the headlights are on or off.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I had similar problem. The brakes were not lighting up full brightness when running lights/ headlights were on. I found out that my harness in taillight was shorted causing it to back feed.

Unplug one harness side of tails and see if brakes are full bright. If not try the it they side. If the brakes get bright when you unplug a tail harness, the problem is in that side.

I just had to replace the harness to fix my issue. But check to make sure the wires don't cross each other or shorted out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts