Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i have a ls 2000 teg w/ 33k miles on it, when i drive the hand-break light keep come on and off. Can u help me w/ it? I still drive very smooth when that happen, my car don't seem to shake or anything, besides the light keep come on and off. Any help will greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
you know you are the 3rd person to have this problem, my 2000 gsr did the exact same thing. but when i took it to acura and got the scheduled maintenance done, it was okay, adjusting the parking brake is what they did, but i'm starting to think this is an epidemic

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I think that the brake indicator can mean either the parking brake is on or there is a problem with the braking system. It could be you are low on brake fluid or that there is an imbalance between the hydraulic circuits.

The first thing I would check is the brake fluid level. As your pads wear, more brake fluid remains in the calipers and the level in the master cylinder can drop. Fill it up and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
After you check your fluid, you can try to adjust your Handbrake.

All you have to do is pull the center console (instructions for removing console are in this article). Then you will see two cables attached to the Handbrake via two adjustment nuts. Tighten these nuts.

Check to make sure light is gone, then reassemble. Then have a beer/soda/water to celebrate, then walk around the house proclaiming yourself to be the "World's Greatest Sex Machine".

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Yes, I had the exact same problem with my 99teg. I bought it and the brake light was one....checked the fluids, and they were all good. i finally noticed that by moving the ebrake handle slowly I could tell it would go off. I poped off the center console and 1 of the two nuts was loose and was not seating properly. I tightened both the nuts/screws and this solved everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this sounds stupid but you can also check the master cylinder cap. there is a sensor in the cap and if it is loose or not on right, it will through the light.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I just had the exact same thing, filled up the brake fluid to the top. Went away no more problems.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My 2000GS-R did this exact thing last night (8/17). It has done this before, and this is how you fix it.

1) check your fluid. Make sure it is up to the level and not leaking anywhere.

2) Take your resevoir cap off, turn it on the side and slide the "Float" up and down. Make sure it isn't sticking.

3) Clean up your mess, make sure your cap is on tight.

4) start car check for light to go away when e-brake is off.

If this works, you can thank me later.
This is how I fix mine.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I had this problem when i first bought my car. The light came on in the mornings.

I changed all my brake pads and the problem went away. Fluid was fine too.

Check your brake pads.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
2001Teg on Jan/18/07 said:
better than my problem, my dome light comes on when i pull the e-break
lol thats funny. maybee somone wired it up like that for a convenience thing. does it turn off when you shut the door or will the dome light just stay on as long as the brake is pulled (car on or off)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.