Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, my brake fluid is always running low. I don't use my brakes that much, but when I do its not hard breaking, I do alot of shifting down, and the climate right now isn't too hot yet.

I know I have a leak leaking from somewhere around my tranny casing, but I don't know if its brake fluid.

Anyways, like every 12 days, I have to refil my brake fluid now because it ends up hitting the MIN line, and sometimes slusshes arround and I get the ebrake light turned on while driving.

I use generic DOT3 but I dont use my brakes that hard (at least I think I don't).

My stopping power has also seemed to have suffered. I'm going to buy brake pads soon, maybe this is the prob? Worked brake pads? Brake pads haven't been changed for 1 year/ 6,000 mi.

Opinions? Thanks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
YOU HAVE a LEAK, its obvious, brake fluid does not get used up the only way u can lose brake fluid is through a leak in your system somewhere, you mut fix this ASAP, u should in no way be driving your car without properly functioning brakes, a leak will have a serious impact on the performance of ur breakes, this is very unsafe to be driving like this, have someone press the breaks and look under the car for fluid dripping. and thats where ur leak is, i dont mean to sound rude, im just letting you know this is very serious its not one of those ill fix on the weekend when i have some extra time problems

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
buy some brake fluid...I'd recommend superblue can be had at raceshopper for about $15 shipped. It's blue so it'll help you find the leak just start running through the lines and looing for the leak.
Have fun.
Later,
jared

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Pads may be one problem but not the refill problem. As above, inspect the system. Let us know.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
well...how fast is it leaking? because as the pads get older with more wear it will cause the fluid level to go down a bit because there has to be more in the line but it sounds like from what your saying that theres an actual leak

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys. I finnaly had the chance to thorougly look alot without jacking up. I see where the huge leak is coming from (the area) but I don't see where it starts!

The thing I'm talking about is like a cylinder sort of object, it has two tube things going into the top of it. They both are the metal brake lines b/c that's what they look like, one of them turns into something else other than metal when it goes into the cylinder.

This item is located a little under the right side of my battery on the positive side. My CAI is a little over it.

What is that cylinder object called!?

I can tell it's been leaking from here, it's just such an ugly leak. It's not anywhere more up. Then all under it, everything is stained deeply with oil and good thickness. The oil looks not fresh wet but you can tell that it's within 7 days old.

How to fix? What to check? What to fix?

Thank you!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I suggest you take your car to a mechanic and get it fixed professionally. You don't want to go half-ass when fixing your brake system!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aogawa on Mar/29/04 said:
I suggest you take your car to a mechanic and get it fixed professionally. You don't want to go half-ass when fixing your brake system!
Yes I know but I want to know what that's called. So in the future, I can say my brake fluid is leaking from THIS (replace THIS with part).

I bought my car at my Aunt's Subaru/VW dealership. When I took in my car 2 months ago for something else, they loaned me a WRX. This time, I'm going to ask for an STI muhahahha.

Let insurance cover it. I'll pay whatever! If it means an STI is mine for a week!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, no one, not even one person can tell me what that item is which is a little under the battery and slightly under the CAI?

How can you search for something when you don't know what it's called? once you know what it's called, it kills the purpose of searching for it because you already know!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts