Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, last week i hit a curb bending my lower control arm but also now my brakes dont work and after i hit the curb i was leaking brake fluid. so i figure i have to replace my brake caliper also but is there anything else i should replace that has to do with brakes or should the caliper be the main reason why my brake pedal is just sticking to the floor since i hit the curband leaking? oh and my brake and ABS light are on.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
if you are leaking fluid, you most likely damaged the line...I'm sure your caliper is fine.

If you got lucky, then just the rubber end of the line broke off, should be like 12 or so from the dealer. If you cracked a hardline, it'll be more labor-intensive to fix, but still relatively cheap.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i havent bleed the system yet, im planning on doing that today, so i shouldnt buy a new a calpier then it could just be the hose, i will check much better today

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
dyingwish on Sep/01/07 said:
if you are leaking fluid, you most likely damaged the line...I'm sure your caliper is fine.

If you got lucky, then just the rubber end of the line broke off, should be like 12 or so from the dealer. If you cracked a hardline, it'll be more labor-intensive to fix, but still relatively cheap.
my first thoughts exactly, the caliper is a sturdy metal piece. the first place i would check would be the rubber brake lines because those are definitly more vulnerable than a caliper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.