Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of u have an idea of me upgrading my calipers on my other car honda accord 95 ex v6... i use to own a 96 gsr and thought braking wasn't that bad or good, just fare despite the sporty package... but with my accord i've already got the crossed drilled rotors and ebc brake pads and still think braking is weak on the initial braking when compared to my dad's 95 camry wagon and my sister's 95 maxima, which grabs and holds braking down pretty well...if any of u know which acura or honda model of calipers that i can swap in without major modifications that would be great...nothing is wrong mechanically with my car so u can rule that out, i did replace brake master cylinder las year...thanx

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
with all due respect- i doubt you will get a good answer here because this is a teg forum. try honda-tech.com for better results on what to swap out for

as far as general braking questions. this has been covered many times and can be found in common topics

1) the EBC pads are ok but need a good operating temp (therefore you need to heat them up just a bit-- not as much as the reds though)

2) cross-drilled rotors will not help in a decreased braking distance, (so they say but i disagree, i find that they give a better initial bite- although i currently use autozone blanks based on recommendation -- i hate it but this topic has been covered and i will not go here any farther!)

3) you can use either bigger rotors, or more pistons to the caliper-- if you are useing the EX V6 i think that car was a 5 lug and therefore uses a similar brake system to the type R and the prelude. both very good,

some problems you are having compared to your old teg are that you wiegh more now, but compared to the wagon and maxima i dont know

·
Registered
116 Posts
Legend or NSX 2 piston sound like they'd work. The EX v-6 caliper is pretty much the same as the ITR. The legend and NSX calipers have also been used on 'tegs, esp ITRs, meaning that it should be possible to swap these with some bracket mods, back onto an accord. Probably should ask Brian Hasty at Fastbrakes.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.